Bariatric Sleeve

Hi All,

Did anyone out there have the bariatric sleeve surgery done? I had mine on 3/27 & am doing well with losing. I am down about 36 pounds. Having troubles with getting enough protein in me. I often feel tired. Any suggestions?

Replies

• curvy907
    curvy907 Posts: 1 Member
    I am 9 weeks post-op. I have hit a plateau on losing and I'm not sure why. In order to get my protein in I replace one meal with a protein shake or bar to make sure that I get at least 30grams of protein in that one meal. I'm down 35 pounds.
  • 2sharonp
    2sharonp Posts: 3 Member
    I just had the sleeve surgery on Monday 6/5! I find it hard getting ALL liquids in at this point. Premier Protein shakes sold by Costco have 30g of protein and are pretty tasty. My current favorite is the caramel. If you don't have a Costco membership you can get them from Amazon. I like the idea of protein water. I'm going to check that out. Happy to home from the hospital and part of this growing community
    12774 Posts: 1,416 Member
    AStamat1 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Did anyone out there have the bariatric sleeve surgery done? I had mine on 3/27 & am doing well with losing. I am down about 36 pounds. Having troubles with getting enough protein in me. I often feel tired. Any suggestions?

Congratulations on your wt loss. Its advisable to consult with your doctor who is responsible for your post op care.
  • shelley_haynes
    shelley_haynes Posts: 3 Member
    Hi
    Had surgery June 9/17.
    Feeling good....no trouble with protein yet...but still on premier protein shake (2 per day) plus additional soup etc. Water is nott too bad...but still have to work on it.
    I hear it gets easier with time....fingers crossed!