What does your 1200 Cal. day look like?

Options
2»

Replies

• kq1981
    kq1981 Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    To me, 1200 calories looks like... Hunger and misery :worried:

Me too! I did 1200 cal when I first started and was hangry all the time so I set my goal to a smaller loss per week. I've lost 13.2kg in four months.
  • Sophannah2017
    Sophannah2017 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    What a fab question, lots of fab meal ideas....I find sometimes I get stuck in a rut!
    I too go between 1200 and 1400 calories, exercise dependent.
    Yesterday I didn't go to the gym so my meal consisted off....

Breakfast: 40g Museli, 100g fat free Greek yoghurt and handful of berries
    Lunch: Cous cous salad with 20g feta cheese, tomatoes, lettuce etc, etc
    Snack : fat free yoghurt and easy peel orange
    Dinner: vegetarian meatballs with tinned tomatoes, spices, peppers, baby corn and other veg - no carbs :0(

I'm a vegetarian and find not having loads of carbs hard too.....I do love them! Last night for example, I was really wanting pasta with my meatballs but that would have took me over my 1200 calories...and as I had no exercise I decided to leave the pasta alone!!! I was strong!!!!! Lol

• bkberry1
    bkberry1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Stella3838 wrote: »
    How much are you trying to lose?
    Stella3838 wrote: »
    How much are you trying to lose?

• bkberry1
    bkberry1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 55lbs. I am 53 yrs old with some arthritis issues that limit my ability for cardio workouts (I miss those days of taking brisk walks), but I am trying to get motivated to get moving again and to get serious about my diet. I have gone from being moderately active to sedentary, hence the weight gain.
  • jenniferinfl
    jenniferinfl Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    I just want to be another person to caution that 1200 calories isn't right for everyone. I've lost 1.5 lbs per week, nearly 16 lbs so far, the equivalent of a 750 calorie per day deficit, eating around 2300-2800 calories per day. However, I'm active despite my desk job. I always get 10,000 steps and around a half hour of walk/jogging per day in addition to my regular steps throughout the course of my day. I'm 5' 6" and 228 lbs at the moment.
    1200 calories is probably the right amount if you are on the more petite side with not much left to lose and not much activity.
    I just wanted to speak up because I know that obese people get a lot of pressure to lose weight faster. That can be very difficult to sustain long-term though. For an active obese person, a 1200 calorie diet can be a 2000 calorie daily deficit, not healthy to do on a daily basis at all.