Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Fitness tracker problems

Allgaun
Allgaun Posts: 222 Member
I have tried 3 different brands and I find them all wildly inaccurate on me. For example I will be walking around a store and it will "remind" me to move, while I'm walking!

I went on a tour in Spain, my friends all tracked over 12,000 steps on their fitbits, I tracked less than 1/2 that. We all went the same route so we should have had similar counts.

I'm not buying another brand but I wonder does anyone else have problems like this? Maybe I don't swing my arms enough while walking?

Replies

• StaciMarie1974
    StaciMarie1974 Posts: 4,138 Member
    Get one that clips to the body? The Fitbit One comes to mind.

As to the reminder to move, I am only familiar with Fitbit. So if yours was a different brand, this means nothing... Anyhow, for certain Fitbit models the reminder to move is optional. When 'on' it will buzz/remind me at 10 minutes til the new hour if I've registered less than 250 steps since the hour began. So I can be moving at 9:50 and get the reminder, which would mean I have not moved much since 9:00.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Did you buy cheap?
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,968 Member
    Mine counts accurately with my hands in my pockets so it's not that you're not swinging your arms enough.
  • scorpio516
    scorpio516 Posts: 955 Member
    Get one that clips to the body? The Fitbit One comes to mind.

As to the reminder to move, I am only familiar with Fitbit. So if yours was a different brand, this means nothing... Anyhow, for certain Fitbit models the reminder to move is optional. When 'on' it will buzz/remind me at 10 minutes til the new hour if I've registered less than 250 steps since the hour began. So I can be moving at 9:50 and get the reminder, which would mean I have not moved much since 9:00.

Garmins are switchable in their application too.