Has anyone who is at goal or close seen their "trouble areas" finally tone up/lose fat ?

Options
2»

Replies

• Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options
    My problem areas are my thighs. I have been able to get rid of what I don't like there before, but it took a tremendous amount of effort and the the rest of my body looked way too thin/lean for my taste. So I settle for "close enough" now.
  • jlburgess80
    jlburgess80 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I am 6'5, currently 289 lbs. My heaviest weight was nearly 540 pounds. In terms of measurement I am down from a 68" waist to a 42" waist and a 6XL shirt to an XLT or an LT. For the last five months I've been strength training 6-10 hours a week.

There are some areas that no amount of muscle mass or toning will help and it's different for every person. For most it's going to be the ab/chest area and the thighs. There is only so much mass you can put on your abs to help. Same thing with your legs. The best thing to do is mentioned above and that is focus on your body fat percentage. The farther down the scale you go the bigger a reduction each pound makes. When I was nearly 540 a 1% reduction in body fat was not a big deal, but now it's noticeable. Additionally make sure your nutrition is sound. I've learned nutrition is 90% of the battle.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!