Pumpkin! IS IT TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE?

Options
2»

Replies

• leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Apparently a cup of pumpkin is a mere 49 calories, and steamed pumpkins taste like FRKING SWEET AF MASHED POTATO??! Not to mention the fiber content and making you feel full for long periods of time. It's a miracle food, granted to us from the heavens above...
    Apparently a cup of pumpkin is a mere 49 calories, and steamed pumpkins taste like FRKING SWEET AF MASHED POTATO??! Not to mention the fiber content and making you feel full for long periods of time. It's a miracle food, granted to us from the heavens above...

I ate them the whole time they were in season. I love them. I eat them fresh. I cut and cube them and roast them daily when they are in season. You must have purchased them frozen?
  • leejoyce31
    leejoyce31 Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    lemurcat12 wrote: »
    All winter squash is great. Acorn is probably my favorite, and spaghetti squash is fun. I always enjoy getting a ton of it in my CSA box in the fall.

I roast acorn pretty much everyday now that pumpkin is out of season
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    Roast pumpkin with a couple of poached eggs on top. Delicious, nutritious and filling for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I always roast heaps and have the pumpkin either cold or reheated on subsequent days.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    J72FIT wrote: »

I love mixing pumpkin puree, cottage cheese, a sliced banana and top with cinnamon and maple syrup...

Sweet mother of God that sounds amazing.
  • DamieBird
    DamieBird Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Roast pumpkin with a couple of poached eggs on top. Delicious, nutritious and filling for breakfast, lunch or dinner. I always roast heaps and have the pumpkin either cold or reheated on subsequent days.

I love this! Only . . . . . 3 months and 7 days until the official start of Fall and all the gourdly goodness in the Northern Hemisphere!