Meal Plan or Macro/Calorie Counting?

Options
What do you guys prefer or think is more beneficial?

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Calorie counting, first and foremost.
  • tbudro
    tbudro Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I don't count calories. I count macros and set a plan every day of what I'm going to eat. 99% of the time it's under my calorie intake anyway. It works for me.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Calorie counting... macro counting is useful for some people... if you do both of those things then meal planning is helpful.
  • suhashmi
    suhashmi Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I count calories religiously and try to count macros but don't worry too much about macros if I go a little bit over as long as I am within my calorie allowance
  • Dvdgzz
    Dvdgzz Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    I just try to get 100 or more grams of protein and count my calories.
  • pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    I have a very strong aversion to following a meal plan set by someone else. There's usually ingredients I don't have or don't want.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Do you mean following someone's meal plan? Sometimes I may get ideas from a meal plan but I find most of them really bland, boring and unnecessarily restrictive. So I eat the things I like and that fill my macro/calorie goals
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    I plan my meals to fit my calorie/macro goals. So... both?
    bth.gif
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    bth.gif

This. I'm confused - how do you plan meals without taking macros/calories in to consideration?
  • bluemagic33
    bluemagic33 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    If you hit your macros you have hit your calories, may just be mislabled information from your source. I do macros -/+ 5g and I am good. It works for me
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    bth.gif

This. I'm confused - how do you plan meals without taking macros/calories in to consideration?

Wondering the same thing.......