PROTEIN POWDER (HELP!??)

Options
2»

Replies

• JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    The cheapest protein powder is a more expensive way of getting protein than the consumption of eggs or tuna. Egg whites and tuna are among the very best food sources of protein, and mozzarella is, too.

If you can tolerate the powder mixed in water, it has the advantage of needing no refrigeration and no mechanical devices to open the container.

I know these facts, and still use protein powder. I'd rather spend the money than eat boiled eggs and tuna.

For muscle soreness, drink water, let muscles have 48 hours of rest if you're stressing them with lifting, and do get something closer to your myfitnesspal food diary goal for protein, which I'm sure is quite a bit more than 80 grams after you log your cardio exercise.
  • fitoverfortymom
    fitoverfortymom Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    Take an ibuprofen, a hot bath, and get a good night sleep.
  • californiagirl2012
    californiagirl2012 Posts: 2,625 Member
    Options
    Actually there is a protein powder that does reduce soreness and help muscles recover faster. It works because it's isolated down to a mono chain protein (fast absorbing) and if mixed with only water and the mono chain carb that goes with it (insulin is the vehicle that gets it into the muscle). Whole food takes longer to absorb, so this is a true supplement. I don't think I can say any more than that without getting my internet head bashed in around here, lol.

It does not mean you can't achieve your goals with only whole food. But there IS an extra edge, and it's something you will FEEL.
  • bluets2011
    bluets2011 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    I take a long hot bath with Epsom salts and feel it helps relaxing the muscles. I do it once a week as a routine. More times as needed.
  • edlanglais5
    edlanglais5 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    That's an awful lot of HIIT. I'm surprised your body even survived it. Most HIIT programs are 15-20 min max. If it were me, I would adjust your workout to 20 min HIIT and 40 min strength training.

A protein shake is a good recovery for your body. However, with that intensive of a workout, you are probably depleting your body of much needed glutamine. I have intensive workouts myself and mix glutamine into my protein shake afterward.
  • dalerst
    dalerst Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I would cut back on the HIIT training to be honest 40 to 60 minutes a day is way too much over 6 day no wonder you are feeling it. Try cutting to 20 minute session and see how you get on. If your eating correctly then 20 minutes will be ample.