Intermittent Fasting ?

Options
2»

Replies

• annaskiski
    annaskiski Posts: 1,212 Member
    Options
    I've never had any kind of 'hormonal issues' from IF. I think if you have hormonal issues in the first place, maybe talk to your doctor.

As a teenager I fell into IF (before it was a thing), because I realized that I didn't get cramps in the morning if I didn't eat. I later fell into this way of eating naturally. (The thought of eating in the morning made me nauseous)

I think fasting between meals is what most people throughout history have done, and is more 'normal' for our metabolisms than the constant grazing people do today.
  • tashygolean730
    tashygolean730 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I fast 20:4 most days. I love it! There are reports out there of some women having hormonal issues, but I think its more correlated with inadequate nutrient/calorie intake than the fasting itself. Or some people get in to the habit of multi day long zero calorie fasting which is my opinion is not what intermittent fasting is about. The important thing is like with any way of eating, you need to make sure you're providing your body with enough fuel to keep it functioning properly.
  • kenzienal
    kenzienal Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I have lost 17lbs this year by starting IF. and I am not strict with it.

My favorite part is being able to still eat what I want. I didnt give anything up, and I still lost weight.
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    I fast or eat lightly during certain time. Not intermittent. I like to think of my way as intelligent fasting. :)

I pick the days and time when my activities are light to fast or eat less. Also, I try to eat healthier, by nature kinda unappetizing, foods such as raw nuts, boiled eggs, avocado, etc.. Then in other non fasting time, I let loose, eg buffet, restaurant, alcohol and all. :)
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Is the purpose of this just so you can save up calories for 2 big meals vs smaller meals throughout the day? I am always so hungry in the morning I feel like it would be really difficult to skip breakfast. Would I get used to it ?
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    kenzienal wrote: »
    I have lost 17lbs this year by starting IF. and I am not strict with it.

My favorite part is being able to still eat what I want. I didnt give anything up, and I still lost weight.

You lost weight because you created a calorie deficit. Intermittent fasting doesn't cause weight loss