How often should you weigh yourself a week?

Options
2»

Replies

• tlee278
    tlee278 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    I try to weigh myself once a week. If I were to weigh myself daily, I would go "boinkers" with the weight fluctuations.
    I'm happy if my clothes are getting looser.
  • ogtmama
    ogtmama Posts: 1,403 Member
    Options
    If I only weighed once a week and hit a high day, it would break my heart...i prefer to see all the fluctuations and pay attention to the direction of the trend
  • KarySalsera2523
    KarySalsera2523 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I will do it every 5 weeks don't want to be concerned about the scale. Prefer to focus on workout and food. Good Luck
  • xchocolategirl
    xchocolategirl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every single morning it's the way for me to see how what I'm eating and how it effects my weight.
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,388 Member
    Options
    I now only weight myself once a month or so.... even then maybe. For me I generally know if my weight is steady by the fit of my clothes. Others might feel more confident weighing more often. Do what works for you... and the below link is great for understanding HOW to use that weight (or not weighing) and not over think the process.

community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10196160/scale-stress-syndrome/p1

@ninerbuff covers the important parts of what to do with that data you get when you weigh.

I've now recorded swings of almost 10 pounds in a single day. I used to weigh myself much more often for a period of time, just to get used to those swings over a day or a couple days.
  • GoldenEye_
    GoldenEye_ Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself about once a week. Not on a set day, but whenever I feel curious. It's always right after waking up though. I do log it and so far it has mostly been according to a trend of week 1: 2 pounds of weight loss, next week nothing or a little, week after that another 2 pounds, week 4 nothing and repeat. I guess my body isn't as prone to high fluctuations as some others.

You really have to just learn what works for you though. As you can see there's a lot of difference in what motivates people.