Fitbit or UA Healthbox? Or UA shoes?

Options
Looking to get an exercise tracker to sync with MFP... which to get? Has anyone tried the new UA shoes that count your steps yet? Thanks for your input!

Replies

• BLawyered
    BLawyered Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Anyone?
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Unless you are running, biking,or swimming for long distance, get the cheapest one that counts your steps. All the other 'features' are just marketing. I wouldn't get the shoes unless they were a perfect match for my feet/gait. Then I'd really have to think about it. Why do they need a gimmick?
  • robertw486
    robertw486 Posts: 2,390 Member
    Options
    Just my opinion, but the better tracker device to use would vary greatly with the types of activities you do. If you are a serious runner, the shoes might be a good value. If you rarely run, probably not worth the cost.

Even if your budget is not even a consideration, the product that would likely work best might be influenced by what exactly you want to track. Give us some general idea of what you intend to use it for, and chances are people can suggest various products and opinions of those products. Personally I use apps for most of my workouts and have found that sufficient. But others might more readily spend more money to simplify things and/or have more options and potential for greater accuracy.

Quite a few apps and devices can sync to MFP, so you have options regardless of which route you desire.
  • CharlieBeansmomTracey
    CharlieBeansmomTracey Posts: 7,682 Member
    Options
    I have heard from many people that the UA healthbox is not worth paying for thats its crap. one of my friends even won one in a contest and was glad that they didnt have to pay for it.
  • BLawyered
    BLawyered Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the input. I think I would like to accurately track how many calories I burn in a day through my general daily activities so that I can keep track of my calories in VS calories out better. I also would like to start training for a 5K or something.
  • raquele3394
    raquele3394 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I now have an Apple Watch, but if you don't want to spend that kind of money, fitbit flex 2 is awesome. You can use in the swimming pool as well.