Beach Body DVD's, Which one would you suggest?

Options
So I am about 80lbs over weight and thinking about trying out some dvds. I have a friend who has had great! results with these dvds and I was wondering what everyone would say is the best one to get me started. There are so many on the website and I would like to get feed back before spending the money. Thanks.

Replies

• iNkedFiTmama
    iNkedFiTmama Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    For you i'd suggest slim in 6, my friend has lost a lot of inches doing it.. Her name on here is abnerner if you wanna add/message and ask her about it :)
  • iNkedFiTmama
    iNkedFiTmama Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    its someone I know IRL too btw ;)
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    There's plenty out there that will do the same and is not Beachbody related. Especially if you're willing to spend that $100-$150 you would have to spend to buy the DVDs on some equipment instead.
  • smsaban85
    smsaban85 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Thanks Inked. ;)
  • lulukittie
    lulukittie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Depends on what you like-- and you don't have to go for one of the more expensive sets if you want to. I think TurboJam and Shaun T's Rockin' Body are both super fun workouts. My MIL has Slim in 6 and likes it. I think all three of these are good for beginners.
  • star5785
    star5785 Posts: 140
    Options
    I have Insanity which is advanced and Hip-Hop Abs for beginners. Both were great!!! But Beachbody is expensive & now they just sit on my shelf and collect dust. :( So instead of buying the pricey ones I get the $10 DVD's (Jillian Michaels) from Walmart and they're just as effective IMO.
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    ROCKIN BODY IS ON SALE! 19 bucks! and express shipping I think 27 bucks total cost for the whole set .. I lost my initial weight with this and then lost the set in a move Im so ordering this again ive been using youtube I would buy this before anything else its like dancing and mostly standing up workouts which worked great for me http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/rockin_body.do?code=SEMB_MSN_RB
  • yoster28
    yoster28 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I agree with MyaPapaya75. I starting my weight loss journey with Shaun T rocking body and I bought it because it was on sale. It is a great set. It came with a 30 day calendar and I complete those 30 days and an additional 2 weeks. The dance moves are not hard at all and they have a modifier so you wont have to jump or get to low to the ground. I lost 10lbs with that in 6 weeks along with healthy eating choices. I recently bought insanity because I want something that is more rigorous and a challenge. Hopefully I will reach my goal with 2 rounds of insanity.. Good luck with your choice.
  • JenBrown0210
    JenBrown0210 Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    I love BeachBody programs. For starters, they come with a nutritional guide to make sure you are eating properly. Lots of yummy recipes. I have done Insanity, ChaLEAN Extremf, and I am currently doing T-25. When they say "we won't let you fail" they mean it. I know people who have signed up for the BeachBody challenge and have won money. You also get the support of a coach that is there to motivate you and make sure you complete the program. I absolutely love my coach. On days where I do not feel like working out she is there!

My suggestion would be to start with T-25, Slim in 16, Rockin Body, or even Hip Hop Abs. They are start at a beginner level (t-25 you have Tania to modify every move)

Granted disc at Walmart are cheaper. You get so much more than just a workout DVD. Keep in mind most of the programs come with 10 different DVDs too. Not just one.
  • ShannonMK9
    ShannonMK9 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    What program to buy is a tough question, because would need to know more about you - what do you enjoy doing is the most important part of the question - because the best program for you is one you enjoy doing because that is the one that you will stick to doing instead of stopping and leaving it sit on the shelf.
    What are your physical limitations? This is a middle level importance question as those can change as your fitness level change - but still important.
    Last and also very important what is your time consideration? Different programs have different lengths of workouts - if you have 60 min to workout that is great, time will not limit the programs available, but if you only have 30 it will change what is available to choose from.
    I know that isn't any help, but all are important questions - you can get any program and be successful if you can stick to the program.
    If you want more information feel free to email me and or add me as a friend - I also am a Beachbody coach so can get you details on the different programs if you are interested.
  • rachelwarner32
    rachelwarner32 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I love BeachBody programs. For starters, they come with a nutritional guide to make sure you are eating properly. Lots of yummy recipes. I have done Insanity, ChaLEAN Extremf, and I am currently doing T-25. When they say "we won't let you fail" they mean it. I know people who have signed up for the BeachBody challenge and have won money. You also get the support of a coach that is there to motivate you and make sure you complete the program. I absolutely love my coach. On days where I do not feel like working out she is there!

My suggestion would be to start with T-25, Slim in 16, Rockin Body, or even Hip Hop Abs. They are start at a beginner level (t-25 you have Tania to modify every move)

Granted disc at Walmart are cheaper. You get so much more than just a workout DVD. Keep in mind most of the programs come with 10 different DVDs too. Not just one.
    I agree! I have a coach that sends me daily motivation and a whole group of friends I've met because we have the same goals. I love Insanity but the first couple of days are so hard. I also have Hip Hop Abs and Shaun T is stinking funny! I love doing it and so does my 6 year old:bigsmile:
  • ShannonMK9
    ShannonMK9 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Also, if you want to try programs live before committing to any programs there are free fit clubs that you can go to. Here is the ones Beachbody lists for your area:
    TRIBE FIT CLUB | Rochester Hills, MI 48309
    Sat, Jul 27, 2013 10:00 AM at Rochester First Church of the Nazarene
    Belleville, MI Fit Club | Belleville, MI 48111
    Sun, Jul 28, 2013 4:45 PM at Van Buren Township Rec Center
    Columbia Fit Club | Brooklyn, MI 49230
    Mon, Jul 29, 2013 6:00 PM at Columbia Middle School
    Mystery X Fit Club | Garden City, MI 48135
    Wed, Jul 31, 2013 7:00 PM at World of Fitness & Dance Studios
    Fit n Fun | Garden City, MI 48135
    Wed, Jul 31, 2013 7:00 PM at World of Pole Fitness & Dance Studios
    TRIBE FIT CLUB | Rochester Hills, MI 48309
    Sat, Aug 3, 2013 10:00 AM at Rochester First Church of the Nazarene
  • Rockmyskinnyjeans
    Rockmyskinnyjeans Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    I am currently doing ChaLEAN Extreme and I love it!! I am thinking I would love to continue with the Beachbody DVD's and do either Hip Hop Abs or Brazil Butt Lift next.
  • angelfish257
    angelfish257 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Just to add my tuppence worth, I have started doing dvds at home myself and had some good results - started with 30 day shred and now halfway through 6 week 6 pack, both are jillian michaels workouts. I bought a boxset so have another 2 dvds of hers to work through, no more trouble zones and another I can't remember name of.

There are literally thousands of options out there so I can understand getting overwhelmed with where to start! 30 day shred is a popular one though and there are loads of threads on it here, it's also nice short workouts and an easy time frame to start with - do a bit of research and see what you think :)
  • Kimberrh6
    Kimberrh6 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I am in the same shape as you and recently bought Hip Hop Abs. They are running a special for 19.95 + shipping right now. I really enjoy it and although it is one of Shaun T's "beginner workouts", you definitely get a workout! And it goes by so fast! I'm always dripping in sweat when I'm done.
    I also have Slim in 6, but from just starting out, it was pretty difficult for me. I am going to do it after I finish Hip Hop Abs.
    But anyway, for beginners, Hip Hop Abs is the way to go! :)
  • angel5561
    angel5561 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    i have a RL friend who had a lot of success with insanity im ordering my copy of T25 on the first for my birthday which is on the 12th yay! so excited lol but anyway i was struggling with picking one too because there are so many but the site has this really cool thing where you can compare the videos and click on the things you are looking for and it will narrow your choices down. thats how i came to the conclusion that i will start with t25 i definitely agree that you can buy a dvd for cheaper but this is so much more then a dvd its a program with all sorts of added bonuses that you would not get from dvds alone. i buy a new dvd every month from the regular stores and then i struggle with which ones to do which days. Beach body takes all the guess work out for you.
  • itsallmebaby
    itsallmebaby Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    If you really want to do some of the beach body workouts check out the demos of them online first. I bought the Insanity and started it but had to stop because I was overweight and it has quite a bit of jumping causing a lot of pounding for your feet. I'm doing the workout again now nearly 60 pounds lighter and love it.
    Some more advice - try not to get so overly ambitious that you get something that is just too tough to stick with, especially if you are just starting up again. Get something that you can be successful at and then work yourself up.
    Also regarding the $$$. Lots of people spend money on workout videos and decide they don't like them, they aren't for them or they just don't have the time. These people have their workout videos for sale on craigslist :)
  • dream_big
    dream_big Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I have many beach body programs. Hip hop abs, rockin body, turbo jam, turbo fire, chalean extreme, insanity and focus T25. As for which one you should get it all depends on what you enjoy doing and price you want to spend too. Don't necessarily be scared off of the "more advanced" ones. They are more expensive but as your getting into shape you can always modify or perform at a lower intensity and then a you get more fit they are still a challenge for you. That's what I don't like about hip hop abs and rockin body, they are still fun to do once in awhile but not challenging at all.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • DanielMtl
    Options
    Hello smsaban85,
    Here are a couple of sites that might help you out: TrainWithTony.org and FitnessSite.org depending on where you are and where you want to go!

Good luck on your quest to better health!