Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

OT vent

2»

Replies

• TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Goo Gone works wonders. I also never wash my clothes with my hubbys nor my daughters. I spend too much on mine to have them possibly be destroyed with clumsiness. We all have seperate loads so that mistakes don't happen (the one good thing is that no one in my house wears white/light colored clothes).
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    This applies to all who do laundry husbands or wives or singles. If you put the item in the wash then you're responsible for the contents of that load of laundry.

Don't be upset at the person who wore the clothing item and left something in their pocket. They aren't the one who stuck it in the washer or dryer.

Brave comment. Waiting for the flaming to start....:laugh:
  • LastFighter
    LastFighter Posts: 175 Member
    I dont use chap stick but the wife has destroyed 3 MP3 players this way. I know were badly out numbered here so I will come to the aid of the men of MFP. I agree with the comment .. check the pockets ;)
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    I dont use chap stick but the wife has destroyed 3 MP3 players this way. I know were badly out numbered here so I will come to the aid of the men of MFP. I agree with the comment .. check the pockets ;)

do your own laundry. :)
  • dj_stevie_c
    dj_stevie_c Posts: 270
    What kind of crazy metrosexual guy uses chapstick :)

No seriously I often leave chewing gum wrappers in my pockets, the wrapping makes a horrible mess sometimes. Now I always try to remember to check my pockets.
  • jbwegner
    jbwegner Posts: 254 Member
    This applies to all who do laundry husbands or wives or singles. If you put the item in the wash then you're responsible for the contents of that load of laundry.

Don't be upset at the person who wore the clothing item and left something in their pocket. They aren't the one who stuck it in the washer or dryer.

I'm sure you're a really nice guy, and I am a nice person, but I totally disagree with you! When one undresses, one should clean out their pockets before putting them in the hamper. Putting them in the hamper signals that they are ready to be washed. You should be responsible for your own clothes. If you don't have the courtesey to check your pockets, then do your own laundry. Plus, clothes usually sit in the hamper for a couple of days at least waiting to get washed. People should take out what they need. He probably uses his chapstick everyday, so he should have taken it out.

Again, I'm a nice person, and I say all this with respect for you! :flowerforyou:
  • fchopin42
    fchopin42 Posts: 51

Unfortunately my husband doesn't do laundry.... I guess I'm nice enough to do it for him so he should have the courtesy to check his pockets when he takes his clothes off at night....

Thanks for all the suggestions... I bought some shout greasy stains spray and just tried it... the clothes are in the wash again... I really hope it works...

Lisa
  • leavinglasvegas
    leavinglasvegas Posts: 1,495
    If the Shout doesn't work, try Grease Lightening.

One Halloween my daughter left a tube of black lipstick in her pocket. My mom tried to help me out by doing laundry and didn't check the pockets first. (How nice of her to do that and I did not blame her for not checking the pockets BTW. I said thank you. Plain and simple.)

Anyway, grease lightening worked wonders. It also worked on the the back seat of my car where my lovely child left a handful of crayons that melted in the hot sun.
  • pinbotchick
    pinbotchick Posts: 3,904

I'm sure you're a really nice guy, and I am a nice person, but I totally disagree with you! When one undresses, one should clean out their pockets before putting them in the hamper. Putting them in the hamper signals that they are ready to be washed. You should be responsible for your own clothes. If you don't have the courtesey to check your pockets, then do your own laundry. Plus, clothes usually sit in the hamper for a couple of days at least waiting to get washed. People should take out what they need. He probably uses his chapstick everyday, so he should have taken it out.

Again, I'm a nice person, and I say all this with respect for you! :flowerforyou:

I too respectfully disagree. Doing laundry is enough of a chore. I am one of the fortunate ladies that has a husband responsible for laundry - yes - he does the laundry and I make sure pockets are emptied before going into the hamper. I do the dishes and expect him to get the dishes to the sink and ready to go into the dishwasher. Would you leave a dish at the sink with napkin and piles of food on it??? Why make extra work for someone?
  • Heather75
    Heather75 Posts: 3,386 Member
    Most grease stains will come out with dish detergent. Let us know how you made out!
  • fchopin42
    fchopin42 Posts: 51
    hmmm, the shout didn't work... I guess I'll try the goo gone or grease lightening... Thanks again for the tips!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    if you're combatting oil stains, quit putting the item in the dryer until youre sure the stain has lifted. the heat bakes it in place. try the dishsoap, or you can iron the item with a white towel underneath to transfer the oil onto the towel. just no more dryer until youre sure the stain is gone.
  • weaklink109
    weaklink109 Posts: 2,831 Member
    hmmm, the shout didn't work... I guess I'll try the goo gone or grease lightening... Thanks again for the tips!

Sadly, "shout" as a laundry product work about as effectively as "shouting" at someone you are displeased with. It makes you feel you have "done something," but usually doesn't produce any real results!! :noway: Okay, so there is my philosophy for the day. :wink:

In terms of laundry, I find Oxyclean pre wash spray or Amway LOC to be more effective than Shout on most anything. I am not familiar with Greased Lightening, and have never used Goo Gone for a laundry-related issue--works good on sticky label residue, though.
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    I just got our dark clothing (which contained almost all of my clothes that fit comfortably) out of the dryer to find that my husband left chap stick in his pocket once again.... This is probably the 4th or 5th time this has happened.... Now most of my clothing has oily spots all over them.... I'm so upset and angry at the same time. We leave Saturday for a week long trip and now I have to pack mostly gross looking clothes.... UGH! As it is I have very few clothes that fit me properly and now a good portion of them have oil stains.... :sad:

Sorry this is so off topic.... I just HAD to vent somewhere and I didn't think you all would mind....

Thanks for listening....

He left the stuff in the pockets, didn't check them to take the stuff out. His stuff ruined your few clothes left - answer HE buys you a new wardrobe! Perhaps then he won't leave it in there in the future :flowerforyou:
  • Elokyn
    Elokyn Posts: 448 Member
    yep, goo gone is the shizznizzle. Apply like a spot treatment
    if you're combatting oil stains, quit putting the item in the dryer until youre sure the stain has lifted. the heat bakes it in place. try the dishsoap, or you can iron the item with a white towel underneath to transfer the oil onto the towel. just no more dryer until youre sure the stain is gone.

READ THIS too
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,271 Member

I too respectfully disagree. Doing laundry is enough of a chore. I am one of the fortunate ladies that has a husband responsible for laundry - yes - he does the laundry and I make sure pockets are emptied before going into the hamper. I do the dishes and expect him to get the dishes to the sink and ready to go into the dishwasher. Would you leave a dish at the sink with napkin and piles of food on it??? Why make extra work for someone?

Hey i know... I live in a family of 6. If laundry sits more than a day its a mile high. All I'm saying is both persons make mistakes. If I was a smart launderer Id double check pockets to avoid ruining clothing. Between my wife and I we have an understanding that neither one of us is perfect and watch each others backs for stuff like this. I empty my pockets and she (and my two oldest daughters) double checks them.