Lunch side dish ideas

Options
AshFitness98
AshFitness98 Posts: 28 Member
I'm looking for other ideas besides fruit and salad and plain vegetables. I want to mix it up. I generally have sandwich type foods for lunch.
I'm not a fan of nuts so anything besides that.
Thanks!

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Sugar free orange jello with shredded carrots & pineapple. Lime (or lemon) jello with celery, chopped cabbage & shredded carrots.

I make a "salad" with thawed French stye green beans, thawed green peas and shredded carrots marinated in Newman's Sesame Ginger dressing.

String cheese, or cottage cheese.
  • dklibert
    dklibert Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    I like to make gazpacho in summer. You can make the typical red(tomato/cucumber) or white(cucumber/grapes) or green(cucumber/lettuce/spinach). Very refreshing!
  • cblairnh
    cblairnh Posts: 25 Member
    Options
  • ilovelucy711
    ilovelucy711 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs.
  • SABoj
    SABoj Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Warm Potato Salad
    Serves: 6

4 to 5 medium red-skinned potatoes
    1 medium or small zucchini
    ½ cup sliced fennel or diced celery
    6-ounce jar marinated artichoke hearts
    ¼ cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, cut into strips, with about 2 tablespoons of their oil (or 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil if not using oil-packed)
    Leaves from 1 to 2 sprigs fresh rosemary, to taste, or sliced fresh basil leaves as desired
    2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts, optional
    2 tablespoons vinegar (apple cider, red wine, or white wine)
    2 tablespoons lemon juice
    Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste

Scrub the potatoes well and cook or microwave them in their skins until done but still firm.
    Halve the zucchini lengthwise, then slice thinly. Combine in a serving container with the fennel or celery, artichoke hearts, and dried tomatoes.
    When the potatoes are just cool enough to handle, but still nice and warm, cut them into large dice and stir into the serving container.
    Add the fresh herbs (rosemary for a wintery flavor, basil for a more summery taste) and optional pine nuts. Stir gently, then season with vinegar, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Serve at once.

Nutriton Information: Per serving: 205 calories; 8g fat; 190mg sodium; 31g carbs; 5g fiber; 4g protein