Alcohol

Options
2»

Replies

• spiffychick85
    spiffychick85 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I have drank regularly during my weight loss...I limit the days and bank calories for it. So far it's been working for me...honestly I had to find a way to fit it...it's all around me in the culture where I live, so avoiding it all together would've isolated me and made this process harder for me...you just have to find a balance.
  • DaveMustGetFit
    DaveMustGetFit Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Guinness is a great option for a lower calorie beer.
  • Bradley_J84
    Bradley_J84 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    My soul crushed too when I found out about alcohol.
  • barracudamuscle
    barracudamuscle Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    http://getdrunknotfat.com/

Best bang for your buck! Figure out the most alcohol per calorie.

Another thing is eat light in the day, then drink for dinner. Less in your belly means you get drunk quicker, and then you won't get over your calories.That is unless your like me and get 3 sheets then I'm a eating machine!
  • chato80
    chato80 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Same here!!!! :( nobody can just drink one and called at night!!!
  • margotlovesyou
    margotlovesyou Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I have cut out alcohol completely till I reach goal (5 months in and 42lbs down), and alcohol free beer has been an amazing find! It's much lower in calories, and you still have a 'beer' in your hand when you're out socializing so you don't feel like you're missing out. And because there's no buzz, I find that two is plenty so end up drinking 100 calories vs 600+. It's different for everyone, but works a treat for me - good luck!
  • barracudamuscle
    barracudamuscle Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I have cut out alcohol completely till I reach goal (5 months in and 42lbs down), and alcohol free beer has been an amazing find! It's much lower in calories, and you still have a 'beer' in your hand when you're out socializing so you don't feel like you're missing out. And because there's no buzz, I find that two is plenty so end up drinking 100 calories vs 600+. It's different for everyone, but works a treat for me - good luck!

I'm afraid I disagree with you, many years deploying overseas we get "near beer" since we can't have the real thing and it's a tease which tastes terrible. The closest "drinkable" version is St Pauli N.A, but it must be near freezing and chugged without due regard for air or tasting, then you just feel bloated and have to pee alot.

Folks, there's a time and a place for non alcoholic beer, never and down the drain! :wink:
  • SkimpyMrsCarter
    SkimpyMrsCarter Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    31shines wrote: »
    Stay strong. That beer is not worth the calories.

This is true
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

I'd love to hear what alcohol free beers you have found are tasty. I have not tried one in over a decade, but I am sure they could no thave gotten worse. I am willing to give it a try. I drink everything, IPAs, Lager, stouts, Ale...
  • kverenat
    kverenat Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    This is my major problem as well. Especially in the summer with concerts and happy hours and baseball games etc. I don't have good advice because I'm in the same boat. All the above replies make sense, it's just hard for me (which is probably a different issue altogether.)

Think about it this way though: a bottle of red wine has about 625 calories. I went through a rough time last year and was self medicating. I was probably averaging 3-4 bottles a week. (Hence, 20 plus pounds in a year.)

You just have to decide if it's worth it to you. Some people think dessert is worth it, I don't. If that Saturday night bottle of wine gives you enjoyment then just log it and move on. I think since you're asking though, that it "might not" be worth it and you're looking for guidance.

If you think it's derailing your goals, then I would cut down. If you're still able to meet your goals then I don't see a problem.