Mini Goals

Options
Hello! So I've seen a lot of people setting mini goals for themselves at certain weight loss intervals. I think this is a great idea. I'd love some suggestions as to what people set and mostly at what intervals. I've lost 21 lbs since my heaviest and I have about 90lbs more to lose :-) Thanks everyone!

Replies

• ninjakitty419
    ninjakitty419 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    I'm doing mine every 20 pounds...I have 80-100 to lose. As rewards to myself, I am doing things like peircings (different parts of the ear, nothing crazy like nipples hahahaha) and tattoos. Eventually, new outfits will be one, too.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    I am an instant gratification person so goals like buying a new outfit, shoes or getting a massage don't motivate me at all. I'll buy whatever I want when I want to. My goals are all fitness related. Like lift a certain amount by a certain month, do X pull ups, etc. Plus I sign up for events like another Tough Mudder that make me work harder.

I don't put too much into the scale, as long as I am faster and stronger, my goals are met.
  • Port47
    Port47 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    The first mini goal I have set is going from 227lbs. to onederland.then from there I am aiming for 179lbs. Where my BMI will change from obese to overweight. Not sure what little goal I will set next before I reach my biggest goal of 140 lbs. personally I find little goals along the way will stop me from quitting but most importantly will encourage me to keep on this weight loss journey. Hope this kelps you.
  • lkgarza
    lkgarza Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    This is such a great topic :) I like to think I am setting little goals, but then end up forgetting what my little reward was! I do log my workouts every day and keep track with paper and pencil. At one point I had a pair of jeans hanging on the wall, but they were so out of my reach I just gave them away! ha

I am inspired now to really write some goals down and their rewards :) I wil be following this topic to see what others come up with too!
  • Pearsquared
    Pearsquared Posts: 1,656 Member
    Options
    I have rewards set for every ten pounds lost. I could reward myself with anything as long as it wasn't food and didn't decrease my activity. Here's what I have set up:

170 lbs: Candles
    160 lbs: New lamp and posters for the office
    150 lbs: New hairstyle with highlights
    140 lbs: New boots and fashion jewelry
    130 lbs: Clothing shopping spree (Goal weight)
  • ValerieS1122
    ValerieS1122 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I fully intend to log my goals on my profile page once I have more ideas. I think my goal for my ultimate weight loss is going to buy a new treadmill. . or a sound system for my car! I also used to have a pair of pants hanging on my wall hehe