Need Tips On How to Cut Soda

Options
13»

Replies

• kfizza1
    kfizza1 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I was the same way 3-4 years ago. Used to drink Pepsi like water every single day. I also quit cold turkey and now I only drink water and lots of it! Soda is a rare treat now. Soda addiction is real, but not as bad as smoking or alcohol so it's much easier to quit. Once you force yourself to go without it for a week or so, you'll get used to it. I don't recommend diet soda either.. If you're trying to lose weight, that just adds empty 200 some extra calories you'd have to burn. Why waste the calories on soda at all?
  • JButterfly5
    JButterfly5 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I quit cold turkey. I didn't like the taste of diet, so I stopped drinking soda all together. I found drinking sparkling water helped with my cravings. Along with drinking more water, my need for caffeine subsided. Don't get it twisted, it was a hard, but I had to do it to get healthy.
  • bomftdrum
    bomftdrum Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    kfizza1 wrote: »
    I was the same way 3-4 years ago. Used to drink Pepsi like water every single day. I also quit cold turkey and now I only drink water and lots of it! Soda is a rare treat now. Soda addiction is real, but not as bad as smoking or alcohol so it's much easier to quit. Once you force yourself to go without it for a week or so, you'll get used to it. I don't recommend diet soda either.. If you're trying to lose weight, that just adds empty 200 some extra calories you'd have to burn. Why waste the calories on soda at all?

Just curious as to why you don't recommend diet soda? It doesn't hinder weight loss.
  • Muscleflex79
    Muscleflex79 Posts: 1,917 Member
    Options

did you just say diet soda adds 200 calories you'd have to burn??
  • JustRobby1
    JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
    Options

did you just say diet soda adds 200 calories you'd have to burn??

I found this a curious addition also. Even if you were going with one of the reformulated versions that are 10 calories a can (Dr Pepper 10, Canada Dry 10, etc), you would have to drink 20 of them to give you 200 calories. This would be tough to accomplish in a day even if you were on a mission to do so :smile:
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options
    Switch to diet soda.
  • pinkcar06
    pinkcar06 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I loved my Pepsi! but I found that the best thing for me was to just give it all up. No diet soda, no seltzer, no juice. Nothing but water. It's been about 5 months and I have not had soda.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    switch to diet or just ween back. i used to drink a ton of soda...like 3-6 12oz cans per day. I started out by just allowing myself 1 per day...and then every other day...then a couple per week....once per week, and then none.

• TheWickedPixie
    TheWickedPixie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    flavored seltzer