banana ice cream

Options
duntonbob
duntonbob Posts: 4 Member
take 3 to 4 bananas depending on servings. peel. place in freezer overnight. remove and blend the frozen banana. best banana ice cream ever with 1 healthy ingredient. add a drizzle of honey over top and serve.

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Thats frozen mushed banana. It's not icecream, sorry.

It's also about 300 calories of carbs, plus the honey. I could eat a whole tub of halo top for less calories and much less sugar.
  • ilovelucy711
    ilovelucy711 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    But this banana nice cream is used with whole clean ingredients. Where as halo top is semi processed, so it depends on what you are after.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    It has just as much, if not more calories than some ice creams. What's the point?
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    But this banana nice cream is used with whole clean ingredients. Where as halo top is semi processed, so it depends on what you are after.

Whizzed up bananas are no longer whole. They are semi processed too. (often in a food processor ). Honey is sugar.

Im sure my body would prefer the protein and fat incorporated in to my food over straight carbs.

• __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Bananas are good. So are frozen/mashed bananas. But I probably wouldn't call it ice cream. Still tasty, though, and with some good micronutrients. If you like it and it works for you, perfect! :)