Favorite BCAA?

Options
2»

Replies

• KellieTru
    KellieTru Posts: 285 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options

i have aminocore in keylime-cherry flavour. it's a little bit rank as far as aura but i've gotten used to the actual taste and kind of like it.

no basis for comparison though. i never have found out if that toe-jam scent it gives off is just the way bcaa powder is.

I had been using the fruit punch blast flavour and decided to try the key-lime cherry. OMG I couldn't finish it! Gave it to hubby (he manages to choke it down). Go back to Popeye's where I bought it to get another container of the fruit punch. Sigh. I find it super sweet but with lots of ice I can drink it down :)
  • Chef_Barbell
    Chef_Barbell Posts: 6,644 Member
    Options
    Jax2120 wrote: »
    yoherbs421 wrote: »
    Why do people suggest food for BCAAs, food contains calories

Because there always just has to be "those people" who know what you are asking, but have be annoying by suggesting something else. It literally happens on every thread which is why I don't post often. Maybe I should be specified that I'm looking for the powder version that you mix with water & consume while working out lol

Truth times a hundred. The "I have a home gym" responses on a commercial gym thread are always humblebraggy worth.

For BCAA... I use ON or whatever the gym has on hand. It's like a buck a scoop so I usually just grab and go.
  • StealthHealth
    StealthHealth Posts: 2,417 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    The ones found in a rare steak.

Thanks, but I don't eat meat.

If you're vegetarian or vegan look specifically for Vegan source BCAA powders - most general BCAAs would be animal derived.
  • Gaygirl2120
    Gaygirl2120 Posts: 541 Member
    Options
    The ones found in a rare steak.

Thanks, but I don't eat meat.

If you're vegetarian or vegan look specifically for Vegan source BCAA powders - most general BCAAs would be animal derived.

Sorry I should've said I don't eat red meat. I do eat fish and chicken.
  • Gaygirl2120
    edited June 2017
    Options

Because there always just has to be "those people" who know what you are asking, but have be annoying by suggesting something else. It literally happens on every thread which is why I don't post often. Maybe I should be specified that I'm looking for the powder version that you mix with water & consume while working out lol

Truth times a hundred. The "I have a home gym" responses on a commercial gym thread are always humblebraggy worth.

For BCAA... I use ON or whatever the gym has on hand. It's like a buck a scoop so I usually just grab and go.

Ugh I posted asking about gyms and I literally said those who go to a public gym and do not work out at home. Yet some still want to say oh I work out at home. I'm just like "Is you're actually something wrong with you people?" But thanks for the BCAA suggestions!
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,402 MFP Moderator
    Options

Because unless you are on a low protein diet or train fasted (and don't eat around the workout), than BCAA's don't provide much value.

I don't do separate BCAA's but I do cook with and drink a ON whey protein shake.
  • Heart_of_a_lion
    Heart_of_a_lion Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Xtend is KING
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    KellieTru wrote: »
    i have aminocore in keylime-cherry flavour. it's a little bit rank as far as aura but i've gotten used to the actual taste and kind of like it.

no basis for comparison though. i never have found out if that toe-jam scent it gives off is just the way bcaa powder is.

I had been using the fruit punch blast flavour and decided to try the key-lime cherry. OMG I couldn't finish it! Gave it to hubby (he manages to choke it down). Go back to Popeye's where I bought it to get another container of the fruit punch. Sigh. I find it super sweet but with lots of ice I can drink it down :)

thanks for me finally getting an answer on this. i'm really not a bcaa person so left to myself it could be another year or more before i finish t his stuff and get a chance to investigate for myself by picking up something else. and i always have wanted to know if that's just the way that bcaa powder is.

i know how morbid and off this sounds, but i've actually gotten used to this stuff and sort of attached to it. i dilute it pretty heavily though. tbh, i think the bitter/weirdness of the key-lime is more my speed than anything that would be koolaid sweet.
  • Gaygirl2120
    Options
    psuLemon wrote: »

Because unless you are on a low protein diet or train fasted (and don't eat around the workout), than BCAA's don't provide much value.

I don't do separate BCAA's but I do cook with and drink a ON whey protein shake.

I actually do train fasted. So they work well for me.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options

Cuz they are smarter than anyone else.
  • Ironandwine69
    Ironandwine69 Posts: 2,432 Member
    Options

And why do they assume that OP didn't already know that?
  • Gaygirl2120
    Options

Cuz they are smarter than anyone else.

They really do think that.

• DresdenSinn
    DresdenSinn Posts: 665 Member
    Options
    BPI Best BCAA - Artin Ice and ON Amino Energy - Iced Mocha Cappuccino
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,402 MFP Moderator
    Options

And why do they assume that OP didn't already know that?

I answered a question for someone who didnt know.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options

I have this one, too (and yes, that flavour is.....wrong. It was a hand me down). Apparently, the blue raspberry is better.
  • canadianlbs
    canadianlbs Posts: 5,199 Member
    Options
    I have this one, too (and yes, that flavour is.....wrong. Apparently, the blue raspberry is better.

it's actually growing on me now that we have a heat wave. i don't think i could do the full scoop, but about a quarter-dose of it in a blender full of crushed ice with a handful of strawberries tossed in . . . somehow the bitter/off taste of it becomes more like 'refeshing' than 'foul' when you chill it right down and use it as the backdrop to something else.

next up for me [one day] is a pound of pink lemonade flavour from canadianprotein.com that i've got stashed in the cupboard until this stuff is all gone. i'm not really sure about taht one - i love their whey isolate powder but i've been a little disappointed with the solubility and grit/bitter factor in their creatine. so i guess i'll find out sometime next year when it's time to crack that.