not losing anymore weight

Options
I lost a total of 10lbs. for 2 -3 weeks now the scale hasn't budged! I have been exercising, walking, zumba, and circuit training rotating everyday and counting calories 1200-1400 intake a day.. I have been drinking a lot of water( well water with crystal light or sobe water, 0 calories and plain water). I have been eating a lot of protein, and veggies but have not cut out any foods, I have been eating small bits all day. I don't get why Im not losing.

Replies

• RGv2
    RGv2 Posts: 5,789 Member
    Options
    A) Open your diary.

B) How are you measuring caloric intake

C) How are you logging exercise.

From here we can give you a lot more help.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    To add onto the previous questions

D) How long has it been since you haven't lost?

E) Do you eat back your exercise calories?

10 pounds in 2-3 weeks is great, unfortunately, it won't always be that big of a loss, if any some weeks.

ETA - I think I may have read that wrong, you lost 10lb in 2-3 weeks or it's been 2-3 weeks since you lost? How long did it take you to lose 10 lbs?
  • IrritatedDoro
    IrritatedDoro Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I had the same thing happen. 10 lbs. from May 19-June 12. Then not another pound until July 12. Since then, I've lost another 4.

Try taking a day or two off of the diet. Your body is probably hoarding because you aren't eating enough. (I'm assuming your net calories are coming in under 1000 once you calculate exercise in... too little to really keep your body processes going so your body is holding onto the extra to make up the difference.)

Editing to add: And then also consider upping your calorie goal to take into account your exercise.
  • lizjoan3
    lizjoan3 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    no I lost 10 lbs over 2 months then nothing in the last 3 weeks
  • trogalicious
    trogalicious Posts: 4,584 Member
    Options
    no I lost 10 lbs over 2 months then nothing in the last 3 weeks
    are you measuring? do your clothes fit differently?

3 weeks isn't a plateau. Weight loss isn't linear, it comes off when it does.

As for all of the rest of the questions, they still apply.. and the more information you provide, the better answers you'll get.
  • jadethief
    jadethief Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    Make sure you are eating enough to fuel your workouts, but still leave you in a caloric deficit. Also, from looking at your ticker, it appears you only have 8 lbs left to lose so be patient and stick with it.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    I agree with IrritatedDoro. Do you know what your BMR is? MFP has a calculator in the apps section, you want to net as close to that amount as you can. BMR is what your body needs to survive on if you were in a coma and did nothing all day. Also, are you taking measurements? That can be a better predictor of how your body is changing, you may be adding muscle and it only appears like your weight loss is stalling.

I was in the same situation through most of July so I feel your frustration. I had to start supplementing with protein shakes because I wasn't fueling my body with what it needs. Feel free to add me or send me a PM if you have any questions. You will get through this!
  • lizjoan3
    Options
    ok I opened my food diary..there are a lot of blanks..I have been tracking but sometimes while at work I am half tracking thru paper half on here but my caloric intake has been 1200-1400. I am not always adding back calories from when I work out..
  • lizjoan3
    Options
    thanks.. not familiar with bmr..I will check it out