Victories for Today

Options
Yesterday my husband got the Withings scale operating having not had one at home to weigh on in several months. So my first home weigh-in was today without the shoes I wore at the last doctors visit two weeks ago. So this number down today of a rounded up 6 pounds is probably not truly accurate as the last was taken on a different scale while wearing shoes. However, both were done fasting which helps some. Going forward all will be logged from my home scale. Hopefully only on Sundays each week.

Another success is the fact that I have managed to more than double my walking (which is still much too little) within the past two weeks. I can't convey how little movement I've been making due to body fatigue and the inability to stay awake. I'm still working on overcoming the back pain that standing brings.

Last, is the fact that we celebrated my husband's 64 years last night. Tradition in our family is that the birthday person picks their meal. We had spiedies (marinated cubes of sirloin grilled on skewers), corn on the cob, mixed green salad, garlic bread, and ice cream cake. Happy to say I dramatically decreased the meat I consumed to around 4 oz., put no butter on my on ear of corn (which I sucked the juice out of it was so delicious), and had a dry salad. (skipped the bread and dessert and was satisfied). This never happens.

I also had logged in my late night snack of a banana with peanut butter thinking I'd be hungry. Didn't eat it.

For today, I can do this!

Replies

• DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Yay! Way to go!!
  • nourhanehab7
    nourhanehab7 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Congrats ♥
    You can do it
  • lilligraz22
    lilligraz22 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Every small victory is something to celebrate. Good for you! One day at a time☺
  • thelifeilove1
    thelifeilove1 Posts: 195 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement. Made it through a full week of tracking everything and managed to stay below or near goal the whole time. Also, advanced my steps per day considerably. I was pleased to find all my converted recipes (or favorite recipes) I entered three of more years ago are still here for my use. Feeling as though all I was faithfully practicing then is still in the memory banks, I just need to stay engaged this go round. Sounds easy, huh?