Why are you tracking your food?

Options
gueseak
gueseak Posts: 7 Member
Is it for weight loss?
Weight gain?
A particular dietary requirement?

What are you hoping to achieve by tracking your food?

How easy do you find it to track all of food each day?

Are you consistent?

Replies

• sgt1372
    sgt1372 Posts: 3,990 Member
    Options
    gueseak wrote: »

Weight control. Previously weight loss, now maintenance.

Extremely easy w/MFP.
    Are you consistent?

Yes. Have been doing it every day for over a year. More than some, far less than others.

• Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    I track my food so i know when the government is shooting beta rays at my house. This always happens when i eat salads but only when i want Caesar dressing and not balsamic dressing.

Plus I want to lose weight.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Is it for weight loss?
    Weight gain?

Are you consistent?

Weight loss, weight loss, yes and reasonably...
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    Options
    1) Weight management
    2) Accountability. I do think I can learn mindful eating with more practice. It's largely mental for me. My problem is that I love food, especially in portions greater than a 5'2" woman of my activity level needs, and I can justify an extra 100-500 calories quite easily, even when I know I've eaten enough. Those extras add up with time. Somehow, just logging everything keeps me from overeating. I'm still a work in progress.
    3) Easy. Once I made space in my phone for the app, the ease increased tenfold.
    4) Yes
  • Tq43
    Tq43 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Weight loss and to educate myself on the contents of what I'm eating, therefore help me make better decisions!
    I'm finding it very easy with MFP. I haven't yet logged a food that hasn't been In it....it's truly amazing !... I'm loving it and totally addicted !
  • dalerst
    dalerst Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Weight management only been doing it for a few weeks and finding it quote easy.
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Is it for weight loss?
    Weight gain?

Are you consistent?

Weight management (loss and maintain)
    No special dietary requirements.
    meeting my nutritional needs better
    I prelog my food for the day every morning and have every day for over 2 years. I find it enjoyable.
  • trystin
    trystin Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm using it to loose body fat, and then try and gain lean muscle. This app is amazing for keeping track of macros.
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Weight loss, awareness of food intake. It's pretty easy and I try to be as consistent as possible, though if I'm eating out, it's harder to be accurate. I guesstimate when I need to.
  • nissarayna
    nissarayna Posts: 70 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Tracking for Weightloss. I will be continuing after i reach my goal also. Seeing the numbers helps me. Accountability. It's easy for me to track, it's part of mylife now. I'm as consistent as I can be, I try to track everything, there are times however that it's not possible.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    I've been tracking on mfp on and off for about 4 years; I've counted calories on and off since high school. Typically only when I want to lose, but I do use it in maintenance as well.

When I'm losing I'm extremely consistent, only skipping meals/days for vacations or meals out that are so difficult to log that I just guesstimate. I've been at this long enough that I can estimate pretty well, but I like logging and it keeps my weight loss more consistent.

I find mfp (app) super easy to use, but there was a learning curve. I used it sporadically at first. And I did find it somewhat cumbersome to log. But after a few weeks it got easier. Now, it's like second nature to hop on and log my food. I do take mfp breaks from time to time, but overall I find it to be one of my better habits.
  • patajj
    patajj Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I don't track food any more. It makes me too obsessed with what I'm eating.

All I'm using mfp for is recording my weight.