Not new-but wanting to try Weight Watchers-anyone else?

Options
Hello! I've been on mfp for 1,894 days consecutively. I lost 135....got injured....had some (a lot) of stress and I'm back up to only a 40 pound or so loss.

I'm a vegetarian and I lost the initial weight doing lower carb. I'm leaning towards weight watchers now (never did it before) because I keep feeling deprived and once I screw up the day, I really really screw it up.

Add me please! I really think I'm going to go the ww online route.

Replies

• carmy7850
    carmy7850 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi Jenni,I am doing the Simply Filling (SF)technique on WW.It beats counting points..There is so much on the SF list that is zero and if its not on the list I add the points.You have a weekly point amount for those foods.And its easy to tweek any recipe to get zero points. Its working out great and I am not deprived. MFP is helpful also to see the calories, fat,sugar etc you are consuming.So I do both.Add me if you wish.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    Options
    No matter what method you use to get your calorie deficit so that you lose weight, the most useful thing to work on long-term (IMO) is this:
    once I screw up the day, I really really screw it up.
    Moving past the all-or-nothing thinking has really helped me.

Think of calories like money. If you spend a little too much on a new pair of shoes, do you just say, "Well, I've already overspent so I'll throw caution to the wind and go on a spending spree." No. You spend a little less to get back within your budget or just chalk it up to a one-time splurge.

Food is the same way. If you fall off the wagon, hop right back on and your excess calories won't have much of an impact to your long-term plan.
  • lifeisahighway
    lifeisahighway Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Hey! Welcome! Wow you have been so dedicated!
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    If you mess up the day because you messed up a meal, WW isn't going to help you.

It's expensive and restrictive. If you have 100 calories of jelly beans and 100 calories of chicken breast... you're going to spend way more points on the jelly beans. So it leaves you with very lean meats, and vegetables to eat. Oh, and low fat, high protein yogurt. I suppose that if you want to go low carb, it will help force you there. But what are you planning to eat, low carb vegetarian?