Updating weight?! Every week really? Why!

Options
13»

Replies

• Etsar73
    Etsar73 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Twice a day, pm before bed and first thing in the morning. I add them to Libra app. I'm facinated by the fluctuations (I'm curious and easily ammused). Sometimes they make no sense but l trust in CICO because l see it works over time.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    hesn92 wrote: »
    I like to do it once a week. I don't have any interest in weighing daily and keeping track of fluctuations. I mean if it's going down in the long run what's to analyze? I guess I don't get it.

If you want to weigh 2x a month more power to you. It is a little disheartening weighing and being the same or more than the week before. But I know it doesn't really mean anything.

I weigh everyday/every 2nd day because I use trendweight, which requires regular weigh ins to get accurate projections, plus i cant stand the waiting and not knowing :wink: I've also got a tiny amount left to lose and water weight fluctuations can easily mask any losses, which is another reason a trending app comes in handy.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,686 Member
    Options
    I only weigh myself every week or two. I don't like seeing the daily fluctuations as they make me depressed when I don't see results or when the scale goes up because of water retention.
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    SweetP27 wrote: »
    I weigh everyday and log it in my calendar. I only update MFP when I reach the next low.

Me too lol
  • Fflpnari
    Fflpnari Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    The first month back on here I did weigh for a month. It was nice because I wasn't focusing on the number. With the. Wat weight. I lost it was nice to see what. I had lost lol. I did weigh daily but only updated mfp weekly. I binged for a couple days. So now I'm trying not to weigh again and just focus on healthy eating. We will see lol.
    Do what works for you!
  • tomteboda
    tomteboda Posts: 2,171 Member
    Options
    How often do you update your weight on MFP? I honestly don't want to weight my self but maybe twice a month, if not less. What are your thoughts? I guess I'm still sensitive at seeing such a high weight I'm scared to look. ☹️

I was scared at first so I got a weight gurus scale that showed me how much I'd lost since my first weigh in. I have to manually switch it to at my actual weight.
  • Peeps_87
    Peeps_87 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I weight myself every morning and update MFP every other day. Doing it every day allows you to see what is working for you and what is not.
  • erienneb66
    erienneb66 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I do it every few days when I'm free in the mornings. It's not really a scheduled thing. I find that if I schedule weigh ins I stress about them, and if I don't do it at all I tend to get off track 'cause I'm not watching myself. So I do it whenever I'm in the bathroom in the morning and actually awake, not rushing for anything.
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    Daily. I log everything in happy scale but only log loss in MFP.
  • choppie70
    choppie70 Posts: 544 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I weigh every day. It has given me a lot of information about my body through this whole process. I can tell, "yup, that high sodium day is showing!" and gives me encouragement when I reach a new low. I have also found that my weekly loss shows a pattern: my low weight for the week is usually a Wednesday. Then Thursday - Sunday, I will creep up about .5 lb, then will begin going down until a new low the next Wednesday.
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    I personally weigh daily but think weighing at least weekly is important when dieting down. Leaving 2 weeks between "check ins" leads to slacking off then catching up in my experience.
  • heslopsk
    heslopsk Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I weigh almost daily, but I usually only log it once or twice a week. Watching my weight fluctuations helps to keep me in perspective. I can see when I've had a good (or bad) couple of days and stay (or get) on track.
  • blackcars7411
    blackcars7411 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I weight once every 2 weeks except. Helps keep me on track. In the beginning I weighed myself every 1St of month.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I weigh every morning. My wi-fi scale logs it to MFP, Trendweight, Happy Scale, Apple Health and Garmin Connect. It's all done automatically, so I don't get a choice in whether or not I "like" a particular day's weigh-in or would rather pretend it didn't exist. It is what it is - a singular data point.
  • SusanMFindlay
    SusanMFindlay Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    I weight every day because fluctuations happen. If I only weighed once a week or once a month, I'd never know if I was at the top or bottom of my current weight range. Weighing every day and letting the number sync across to a trending app means I can mostly ignore the fluctuations.
  • acopeland321
    acopeland321 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I weight every 1-3 days. Lets me know about fluctuations. It usually changes within 2-3lbs throughout the week up and down, and when I'm nearing my time of the month it can go up about 5-8lbs from my average.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I weigh each morning and update it. There are days I'm scared of what I expect to see, but doggone it I screw up my courage and step on the scale. It builds character. Character with a big butt, but character.