Looking for decent fitbit

Options
Hey, there are way too many of these things on the market and its making me crazy. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations as to a good fitbit? So i can accurately track by steps and calories.. Would be good if it was waterproof too

Thanks for your help

Replies

• janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Fitbit doesn't currently have a waterproof model. They're water-resistant (for things like the rain or sweat), but you have to take them off to swim or shower.

Edit: I was wrong, there is one. See post below. Sorry for the inaccurate information!
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    Its not waterproof but about 3 weeks i bought the HR charge 2 and I love it, its been great for me. And I realize this is not the case for everyone, but I have been eating MOST (leaving anywhere from 100-400) of my adjustment calories and I've been losing consistently, so I am actually eating a little bit more now. I love the sleep tracking and heart rate monitor, and I feel it accurately tracks my steps.
  • Heatherpuggy2018
    Heatherpuggy2018 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    The Fitbit flex 2 is swimproof - the flex is the only one in the range which you can wear to swim in.

I have had 4 fitbits so far and by far my most favourite is my current - Charge 2. I don't swim so wouldn't choose a flex. My Charge 2, shows Heart rate, sleeping patterns, steps etc - I have personally found it to be accurate and it has had a very positive effect in my desire to exercise.
  • roobe18
    roobe18 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I just bought the charge 2. I did a fair amount of research and the consensus was that the charge 2 was currently the best one. I ALMOST went with the Alta because it's smaller, but so many of the reviews said the charge 2 was better, so it's what I stuck with
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    puggy2018 wrote: »
    The Fitbit flex 2 is swimproof - the flex is the only one in the range which you can wear to swim in.

I have had 4 fitbits so far and by far my most favourite is my current - Charge 2. I don't swim so wouldn't choose a flex. My Charge 2, shows Heart rate, sleeping patterns, steps etc - I have personally found it to be accurate and it has had a very positive effect in my desire to exercise.

Oh, thanks for sharing this. I didn't know any of them were waterproof.
  • ILivSD
    ILivSD Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Pretty Happy with my Fitbit Surge, had it for about 2+ years now. I take the accuracy with a grain of salt so to speak, but the best feature is the ability to change music coming from my phone. See, I dropped my phone once on a bike ride changing the song ! Which basically cost me this watch. Not having dropped my phone since....has paid for it self over and over again. I am really happy with it. These devices are only going to get better with time, love the integration with MFP and the Aria scale to keep things more accurate.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    I started with the Flex and loved it. Had it for 2 years then they came out with the Alta and I thought it was so cute I upgraded. Neither is an HRM but I've heard varying things about the usefulness of a wrist HRM. I honestly just use it to make sure I stay off my lazy *kitten*. If my steps are low I know I need to get moving, and it vibrates at 10 to the hour if I haven't taken 250 steps yet in the hour. I have the Alta synced to MFP with negative calorie adjustments and after getting used to how it works have found it to be well worth the expense.

My mom hates wearing things on her wrist, so she has the One and clips it to her bra. She's had it for over a year and no problems.
  • gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I have the Polar and absolutely love it. I have coworkers that have the Fitbit and have had to send them in for repairs or warranty multiple times. I have been wearing my Polar Loop for about 2.5 years and it has never given me a problem. I have the heart rate monitor and it is waterproof and works great.

https://www.polar.com/us-en

• stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
    Very happy with Garmin. Vivoactive basic at present.
  • KelGen02
    KelGen02 Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    i have a fitbit Alta which I love... I believe the newest Alta is waterproof but I am not 100% sure. i love my fitbit! I do have a pedo meter that is waterproof that i wear on beach days since I don't wear Alta to the beach and that seems to track my steps pretty good but as far as the calories and active minutes my fitbit is so much better. Mine does not have a HRM but I when it is time to upgrade I will definitely opt for one with that feature. Good luck!
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    `
    becky19_80 wrote: »
    Hey, there are way too many of these things on the market and its making me crazy. I was wondering if anyone has any recommendations as to a good fitbit? So i can accurately track by steps and calories.. Would be good if it was waterproof too

Thanks for your help

First of all, Fitbit is a brand of activity tracker. Do you want a Fitbit or are you open to other brands?

If you want a Fitbit, the only one that is waterproof is the new Flex 2.

If you are open to other brands, the Garmin Vivofit is waterproof although the HRM does not work underwater. Misfit shine is also waterproof.

I have the Vivofit2 without the HRM and I love it. I especially like that it works on a watch battery so I don't have to charge it.
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    I have the FitBit Zip, and it's my favorite of the ones I've tried. I had a Flex, but being wrist worn isn't appropriate for my work environment. I had an armband one (different company), but they were bought out and then no longer supported.

I like the ability to clip the Zip on my bra and then forget about it for the day. I have no interest in sleep or heart rate monitoring. The Zip has what I need.

Maybe start with a list of the need to have and nice to have bells and whistles and go from there.
  • Lenala13
    Lenala13 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I have the Fitbit Blaze (upgraded from HR) and like it a lot. The only thing that's a bit of a hassle is popping it out of the wristband to charge it.
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I have Fitbit charge 2 and love it. I originally bought Polar A360 bit hated the band, very difficult to put it on and in less than a week band broke off lol so returned it and got my Fitbit. Super happy with it.
  • Muana1005
    Muana1005 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I have a fitbit charge HR. Small wrists - that's the only one that looks decent on me.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I just got the Garmin Vivomove and it looks like a watch and is swim safe. I used to have a Fitbit Alta and I wore them both for a few days and found them to be within a couple hundred steps of each other over 20K steps so that's pretty good!