CHEAT DAYS?

Options
13»

Replies

• ravengirl2014
    ravengirl2014 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I definitely respect all the opinions and thoughts of everyone who has responded to this so far... As far as what I am experiencing....I am being pretty strict with myself these days...with sugar and carbs mostly and am doing 16:8 intermittent fasting as well... I feel better and more in control of my eating than I have felt in my entire life. The bottom line is no one is going to be able to tell you what is going to work for you...your mind or your body...we all need to practice trial and error and pay attention to our mind and body cues... I only eat certain things one day a week for example...chocolate..sugar...simple carbs... I make sure I stay close to my maintenance calories if possible...it is what is working for me right now but I know plenty of people who don't have a problem with sugar or carbs so they don't have to bother with cutting back... It is all very individual...try different things...if they work and you like them...do that...if it doesn't work out try something else! Best of luck finding your path!
  • FionaCanOK
    FionaCanOK Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Yes I do once a week, one cheat meal, which I look forward to. I tend to plan it in the run up. But then I work really hard in the gym with cardio and weights, and feel I need to refuel my muscles by the weekend. It's never affected my weight loss!
  • Spliner1969
    Spliner1969 Posts: 3,233 Member
    Options
    1 cheat day a week = 6 torture days a week without meeting your goals. Why eat so little six days a week just to blow it all on one day?

Because sometimes a meal at your favourite restaurant is your whole day's worth of calories and you refuse to live without it for the rest of your life?

I think you missed the point. Eat the meal. Prepare for it if you can, if not.. log it anyway. If you go over, make up for it afterward (next day or week). I still go out and eat, but I don't consider it a 'cheat day'. Some might consider a romp to the local Chinese buffet a cheat 'meal' but honestly I simply try to make better choices. I reach for the chicken, seafood, vegetables, and limit the rice and noodles. I log it as accurately as I can and make up for it later if needed. Heck, if I know that's what I'm doing tonight, I'm going to eat a smaller breakfast, smaller lunch, drink lots of water and eat what I want at the buffet.

Sometimes the family just wants Pizza. Sometimes I just want BBQ. Sometimes I want some beer too. I deny myself nothing, but I do pay for it in one way or another.
  • endlessfall16
    endlessfall16 Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    FinFoxPT wrote: »
    Would you cheat on your partner once a week? Then why cheat yourself out of good health? Find healthy alternatives that last a lifetime.

Yes, if I could get away with it. Like inconsequential with food.

OP, whatever you call it, if you like eating excessively at certain time, just make room for it.

• SeikoMonster
    SeikoMonster Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I don't because it would lead me down a bad road. Its much simpler to not eat the 2000 calories, than it is to try and burn 2000 calories.

I will have a special treat meal once a month, normally a chic fil a sandwich, but I fit the 440 calories into my day. Exceeding my calorie limit by just a little bit 100 or so.

Don't cheat, plan.
  • thewindandthework
    thewindandthework Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I don't subscribe to the idea that it's cheating to allow yourself to indulge once in a while. If it fits in my goal, then there's literally no problem.

If it will cause me to go over goal and I decide it's worth it, then that's a choice, not a cheat. If I can do it seldom enough that I still lose weight at a rate I like, all is well!