Increased tolerance for hot weather, decreased tolerance for

Options
Yurippe
Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
Edited to mention that the last word of the title was "cold".

I used to HATE summer. Just walking from the house to the car was too much time outside. For some reason this summer is different. I love being outside! I go for a walk or a hike several days a week. It's 90 degrees today and I think it feels fantastic. My co-workers think I've lost my mind.

I can't stand sitting inside with the AC on. Some days I wear a snuggie at work! I've always been one of those people who is always complaining about being cold. The smaller I get the worse it gets. I'm terrified of this coming winter.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Replies

• ChancyW
    ChancyW Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    Yes I've gone through the same EXACT thing you described!!! Think of it as a good thing...and remember to keep a sweater or hoodie in the car for when you go out to eat, go to the movies, etc. I have found everywhere I go is FREEZING these days!
  • eeelastic9
    eeelastic9 Posts: 24
    Options
    That's a pretty common issue, I would think. When you're overweight, you have to exert more energy to move around, so hot temperatures make you even warmer than you already are. As you lose weight, you lose that "insulation" against cold, and you become cold more easily. I wouldn't be too concerned-- stock up on hats and gloves! ;)
  • lculian
    lculian Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I'm cold all the time! I keep a sweater at work and I drink, you'll love this, hot water! I know it sounds gross, but it helps keep me warm. Plus I need to drink the water. I actually like that feeling when you get into your car and it's super hot! I know...twisted:tongue:
  • LotusF1ower
    LotusF1ower Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    OMG I sympathise with you bigtime.

I detest the winter, I hate the cold with a vengeance. I am only happy when it is warm or there is a lot of light about.

I am trying not to think about the winter at the moment, I love these really hot days where I can just sit here in my shorts and a teeshirt instead of wrapped up in layers of clothing.

I am like you regarding the AC too, I won't even have that on when we go abroad on holiday.

I've already said to my husband that when we retire I want to move to a hot country and he agreed :bigsmile:
  • Yurippe
    Yurippe Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I actually like that feeling when you get into your car and it's super hot! I know...twisted:tongue:

I thought I was the only one! :laugh:
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Not quite the same... but yes. I wouldn't say I LOVE the hot weather...getting in the car is miserable and I have to put the A/C on full blast with the windows down until it cools down quite a bit. I do get really cold very quickly now though. All my insulation is gone. :(
  • MassiveDelta
    MassiveDelta Posts: 3,311 Member
    Options
    heh I have black car so when I get in it is wicked hot. I still sit there for a 1-2 minutes soaking up the heat. Its amazing!
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    heh I have black car so when I get in it is wicked hot. I still sit there for a 1-2 minutes soaking up the heat. Its amazing!

Same here. I just don't like burning my bum on the leather seats. Need to remember to get seat covers. :)
  • alantin
    alantin Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    LoL
    You people should try the finnish sauna.
    That's how we bear the winters here! =P