Freshman Negative 15

Options
I just joined today because I'm hoping tracking my food in addition to exercise will provide me with more motivation. I've been trying to lose weight since junior high but I feel like I haven't committed myself fully. I'm hoping to lose 15 pounds before I start college and beat the freshman 15. =]

Replies

• rero
    rero Posts: 24
    Options
    even if you dont beat it before you can do it while you're there

i started using the gym there and lost 15 pounds without much effort.

find buddies to go with. and make time, even if you have an exam the next day going for half an house can restart your brain and aid in studying. so best of luck :smile:
  • bhelmreich
    bhelmreich Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    If you keep up you're hard work you can! I'm going to be a sophomore in college and I know all about the Freshman 15. First semester, I dropped close to 15lbs because I was eating healthy and getting out of my dorm a lot doing exercise and I had a job where I worked on my feet for up to 8 hrs.. Second semester, I gained it all back plus some (sad times) . My hint is to watch what you eat, avoid cafeteria food(its hard to know what they put in it), and enjoy what your college has to offer. If its a university, many have low/free gym fees and community offers awesome classes and clubs. Good Luck and don't give up!
  • eeelastic9
    eeelastic9 Posts: 24
    Options
    thanks for the support. My friend and I both plan to work out together, so hopefully that actually happens. And I've definitely heard that exercise helps with retaining information! I'm mostly worried about following my diet, since I'm trying to go gluten-free and am already vegetarian.