Nuttella

Options
dalerst
dalerst Posts: 174 Member
edited June 2017 in Food and Nutrition
I'm currently trying to gain some mass whilst trading petty hard 5-6 days a week. I know that a lot people have peanut butter on toast as it's good in fats and carbs, unfortunately I can't stand the taste of peanut butter on toast so my question is will nuttela do the same think?

I need to get my kcal intake up as I'm mostly in a deficit. Was thinking as a pre or post workout meal.

Replies

• ldwatene
    ldwatene Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Is it peanut butter in general or on toast. I drop some in my protein shakes and blend it in a smoothie maker sometimes.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    You can eat anything you want.
  • dalerst
    Options

Hmm not sure eating anything is a good thing! Thats how I got fat in the first place, it's lean mass I want.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    It adds calories, so yes.

If you don't like peanut butter, try almond or cashew butter. Or coconut butter. Tasty alternatives!
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    dalerst wrote: »

Hmm not sure eating anything is a good thing! Thats how I got fat in the first place, it's lean mass I want.

But you can't eat too much, though. That's what made you fat, not what you ate. You may also think about your definition of "want".
  • dalerst
    Options
    ldwatene wrote: »
    Is it peanut butter in general or on toast. I drop some in my protein shakes and blend it in a smoothie maker sometimes.

It's just the taste on toast I don't like. I make my own protein bars which is staked with peanut butter but put it on toast to me it tastes awful.

Will give it a go in a shake.
  • dalerst
    Options

But you can't eat too much, though. That's what made you fat, not what you ate. You may also think about your definition of "want".

Point taken I've over the last 9 months be to focused on losing the weight I'm now struggling to comprehend the fact I'm not taking in the cals I need to help me develop now. Im always in a big deficit each day by about 500 ish.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

So small surplus, adequate protein and a progressive overload lifting programme...

If nutella helps with the surplus then have at it, as the Americans say!
  • cityruss
    cityruss Posts: 2,493 Member
    Options
    If we're going spreads, go for speculoos.

• trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Calorie intake (surplus) determines how much LBM and fat you gain. You can eat anything you want to meet your calorie goal.
  • dalerst
    Options
    Calorie intake (surplus) determines how much LBM and fat you gain. You can eat anything you want to meet your calorie goal.

So how much surplus should I look at on a daily basis? my Calorie burn is around the 2700 to 3100 depending on the level of workout. so for instance tonight I have an hours fitness session and will easily burn 400 cals.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    Options

"You can eat what you want" is true advice. Calories are king for weight loss/maintenance/gaining, not the food type. I'm cutting and still eat Nutella, ice cream, etc*... it's all in the energy balance.

*I eat a balanced diet of nutritious and fun/treat foods.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

So how much surplus should I look at on a daily basis? my Calorie burn is around the 2700 to 3100 depending on the level of workout. so for instance tonight I have an hours fitness session and will easily burn 400 cals.

Add 250 cals to maintenance and eat back exercise cals.