How do you stay on the wagon of fitness?

Options
2»

Replies

• midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    For me it's letting go of my "all or nothing" attitude. Like, I have to be a perfect eater 100% of the time every single day, or I might as well eat whatever I want because I ruined it. Before I would eat so well, but one little piece of chocolate or a random cookie and I would think, "Oh well, you blew it...you might as well just give up for today." and I'd proceed to eat everything in sight. THen that would turn into "Blew it today so I'm going to eat whatever all week and I will start next Monday." and I'd eat everything for a week. And so and so on. Like a vicious cycle.

Now I have to constantly remind myself that I'm not going to be perfect every single day. I might eat a cookie that I don't log, but so what. It's better than eating a whole box. I have to remember that one little treat isn't going to derail me for an entire day.
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    My dog has been the best exercise buddy I could ask for, and she loves the extra walking time so I can't deprive her of it now :)
  • mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 290 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Look in mirror or ride my mountain bike. Both show me I need to keep losing weight lol.

• jpoehls9025
    jpoehls9025 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    "Just do it" - Nike
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I write every exercise planned for the week on my calendar, in ink.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    For me it's pretty simple: I like eating, so burning calories will always be something I'll want to do. Even if I don't feel like it at first, eating less sounds even less attractive and I just get up and do it to get it over with. It's only unpleasant to get myself off my butt, but as soon as I'm out there I enjoy it. My love for food doesn't go away, so neither do my fitness endeavors unless I'm not physically capable. I use audiobooks (when outside), shows (when inside)..etc that I don't allow myself to watch outside of my exercise time, and sometimes they are so interesting that there are days where I surprise myself and find myself needing to rein it in not to overdo it.

Not the approach most people prefer, but it works for me brilliantly.

Edited: autocorrect
  • jpoehls9025
    jpoehls9025 Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    For me it's pretty simple: I like eating, so burning calories will always be something I'll want to do. Even if I don't feel like it at first, eating less sounds even less attractive and I just get up and do it to get it over with. It's only unpleasant to get myself off my butt, but as soon as I'm out there I enjoy it. My love for food doesn't go away, so neither do my fitness endeavors unless I'm not physically capable. I use audiobooks (when outside), shows (when inside)..etc that I don't allow myself to watch outside of my exercise time, and sometimes they are so interesting that there are days where I surprise myself and find myself needing to reign it in not to overdo it.

Not the approach most people prefer, but it works for me brilliantly.

Love your approach, better then my "Just do it" lol

I find myself always attempting to out train my diet because I like to eat lol, to combat this on days where I do 10 miles + workouts I eat more, on rest days I eat incredibly less and on days where no cardio is involved I eat slightly more. Lets just say those 10 miles + workout's are my favorite days because I get to eat a lot more lol (heart of a fatty patty)