Ladies, did losing weight make you lose breast size? Considering breast reduction surgery.

Options
Hello,

I just need some hope from those who may have had similar issues! I've been suffering from back pain and muscle spasms for years. I am 5'2, 145 pounds and a size 32i breast size. My goal is to lose 30 pounds. I used to be 115 pounds and a triple D but even then I had back problems. It seems like it has gotten so much worse the past couple years after gaining all of the weight. I am hoping losing weight will reduce the size of my breasts and hopefully help with the back pain. If not I will need a breast reduction because the pain is becoming exhausting. Did any of you lose breast sizes along with the weight loss? Did losing weight help with any pain you had?

Replies

• CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    I am an allover gainer. One of those rare people that's not an apple or a pear. When I lose weight, I do lose some off my breasts, although they aren't that large to begin with.

It sounds as if you are a top gainer (apple) but even at your lowest weight, you still have large breasts that bothered you when you were pretty light. 30 lbs will probably get you back to that size, maybe, but you know as an aging woman you tend to pack weight on differently than when you were younger so you may find that you hold on to it.

I would say if they used to bother you back then, that's not going to change. I've know a few woman who have had the surgery and they've never regretted it.
  • jor3c
    jor3c Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I lost "my girls" first when I lost over 50lbs ...and even tho I gained back about 12 lbs in the 4 years since I did not regain "my girls"...booo hoooo!.... those were what I wanted to keep went from 38DD to a 34/36C at this point...
    Good luck!!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
    Options
    You're not that overweight so I'd say there's a good chance that they'll stay pretty big.

I went from 36 DDD (38 DD for some brands) to 34 D (and gained back a couple pounds and gained another cup size again). If your genetics have to have big breasts, nothing but a reduction will help you, unfortunately.
  • rachelr1116
    rachelr1116 Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I've never been very good about wearing the correct bra size but I've lost around 50 lbs and have gone from wearing a 38DD to wearing a 34DD (actually a 34DDD fits better but is harder to find). My bust measurement has gone down about 6.5" so they're definitely smaller. Before I gained weight I was a 32D so I have hopes that I'll get back to that size eventually.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    My boobs are sad little things now; wait for surgery lol
  • idabest777
    idabest777 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I lost 40lbs and went from a 36DD to a 32DD so a pretty big change in the cup size. I was very worried about ending up with the deflated boobs that i've seen mentioned on here a lot but I seem to have had the opposite effect where it seems like my boobs are much better at holding themselves up now that there's not a bunch of extra fat to hold too. I've fortunately never really had back pain with them though.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    A 60-lb loss has resulted in a reduction from 44G to 36DD. Still working on another 20 lbs, and I'd love to continue shrinking. I'm seriously considering a lift when I hit 2 years of maintenance. We'll see.
  • Katiebear_81
    Katiebear_81 Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    Yes, my size fluctuates with my weight. Yours may or may not - it depends on how much fat tissue vs. mammary tissue you have.

Doctors here want to see you maintain a healthy weight for a little bit before you get it done, so that way you know you're not going to have weight related gain (or loss!) of breast tissue.

I am waiting to get mine done (currently 32GG, would like to be a 32D). But I want to make sure that I can maintain my weight and be in a spot with taking some time off from training will not be such an issue (it will always be an issue... sigh).
  • M3Kindschi
    M3Kindschi Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    That's the FIRST place that I lose weight...why can't it come off ANY OTHER place on my body? I have never had big ones though. For you it might be different since you were always on the bigger side...
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    M3Kindschi wrote: »
    That's the FIRST place that I lose weight...why can't it come off ANY OTHER place on my body? I have never had big ones though. For you it might be different since you were always on the bigger side...

When I see can you spot reduce posts I think, I can lol I lose in the boobs first thing too :(
  • Nikki802017
    Nikki802017 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately for me the more weight i lose the smaller my boobs but im not bothered :D
  • kristenngreen
    kristenngreen Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am 22 and recently have gained 25 pounds. I am now a 32ddd and hate it. I have lost ten pounds and am at 142 now and I am a 32d now and a lot more happy. Before I was a 32A and 10 percent body fat in high school. That was the best shape I was ever in so I would say yes
  • XXcookiepussXX
    XXcookiepussXX Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    70+ lb loss for me = going from a 38F to a 36DD

I can bra shop at Target! Couldn't do that before.