Dunkin donut flavored ice coffee calories?

Options
Francl27
Francl27 Posts: 26,372 Member
I can't find the nutrition information anywhere for a hazelnut large iced coffee with no cream and sugar. Definitely tastes sweetened. Any idea? Calories on the menu are extremely vague - 10 to 110 calories for a large iced coffee and 10 to 100 for flavors or something...

Replies

• raquele3394
    raquele3394 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Ask how much cream they add to the coffee? 1,2, or 3 creams. If the hazelnut coffee is just coffee , no calorie. If it is a hazelnut syrup then it has calorie if it is not sugar free. My coffee medium iced with sugar free vanilla syrup and 3 creams is 90 calories.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Ask how much cream they add to the coffee? 1,2, or 3 creams. If the hazelnut coffee is just coffee , no calorie. If it is a hazelnut syrup then it has calorie if it is not sugar free. My coffee medium iced with sugar free vanilla syrup and 3 creams is 90 calories.

I asked no cream and no sugar but it tastes sweetened for sure, lol.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options
    Francl27 wrote: »
    I can't find the nutrition information anywhere for a hazelnut large iced coffee with no cream and sugar. Definitely tastes sweetened. Any idea? Calories on the menu are extremely vague - 10 to 110 calories for a large iced coffee and 10 to 100 for flavors or something...

There was something on their website recently where they were showing you how to reduce the cals in some of their drinks, and they showed that if you took one drink (I don't remember which) that was well over 100 cals and instead got a medium iced coffee with skim milk and a flavor shot, it would be 40 cals. Which seems like just the skim.

But based on my taste buds, their flavor shots are definitely sweetened! So what I do is if it tastes "sweet" I log one packet of sugar, and if I take a sip and go Wow that Sweet! I log 2. I try to ask them to go easy on the syrup but they seem physically incapable of doing so :neutral: Not that I don't end up enjoying it lol
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I found it - 230 calories.
  • kimny72
    Options
    busyPK wrote: »

I think that's with cream.
    Having said that, the more I poke around the more confused I am. It looks like all the "flavor swirls" are @ 170 cals.
  • Francl27
    Options
    kimny72 wrote: »

Having said that, the more I poke around the more confused I am. It looks like all the "flavor swirls" are @ 170 cals.

Yeah but I didn't order a 'swirl'.. is it different?
  • kimny72
    Options

That's my confusion. Some places they mention "flavor shots" and some places "syrups" but the nutrition info says "flavor swirl". Are they all the same thing, I have no idea :confused:
  • busyPK
    Options
    Did you look at the color of the drink? I get their caramel swirl a lot and it's a lighter color (looks like it has 4T of creamer), but not added "creamer" or sugar. If the drink looked darker, like the color of coffer then it was the shot and not the swirl version.
  • Francl27
    Options
    Yes it was light. But why ask if I want cream and sugar?
  • busyPK
    Options
    Yes it was light. But why ask if I want cream and sugar?

I feel the same way, but they ask every time. Guess some people like it EXTRA sweet and creamy. lol
  • kimny72
    Options
    Did you look at the color of the drink? I get their caramel swirl a lot and it's a lighter color (looks like it has 4T of creamer), but not added "creamer" or sugar. If the drink looked darker, like the color of coffer then it was the shot and not the swirl version.

OK, that's starting to make a little more sense! They shouldn't make coffee this confusing - I need to have the coffee first to understand stuff :)
  • Francl27
    Options
    I still don't know how to log it, lol, but I guess 250 calories it is.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options

That's my confusion. Some places they mention "flavor shots" and some places "syrups" but the nutrition info says "flavor swirl". Are they all the same thing, I have no idea :confused:

Dunkin makes me crazy

They make sugar free 10 calorie flavor SHOTS

They also have flavor SWIRLS that are sweetens calorie bombs. These are the ones that change the color of your drink.

Some flavors are only available as swirls, some are only available as flavor shots. But some-like caramel, vanilla and others-are available as both.

I swear, no matter how many times I say PLEASE use the sugar free French vanilla flavor, I have to go back on and have them remake it because they use the flavor swirl. It's incredibly annoying ever since they started doing it this way.
  • slaite1
    Options

If you go to their website they have a nutrition PDF. If you see drinks with caramel swirl etc added-that's the calories to log for what you got. Not the wonderful 10 calorie flavor shot. I can usually find most Dunkin items in the database.
  • Francl27
    Options
    slaite1 wrote: »

If you go to their website they have a nutrition PDF. If you see drinks with caramel swirl etc added-that's the calories to log for what you got. Not the wonderful 10 calorie flavor shot. I can usually find most Dunkin items in the database.

But I didn't ask for a swirl... I asked for flavored iced coffee. And it says specifically on the board that adding flavor to your coffee only adds 0 to 100 calories... That's why I'm confused (it's only 100 calories if you order the same thing at Starbucks too). Either way... I won't order that again!
    slaite1 wrote: »

The nutrition PDF didn't have anything for non swirl hazelnut iced coffee. That's why I'm confused. I asked a friend who used to work at DD and she said they usually just add syrup? But then why was my drink lighter...
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    You got a swirl... I know​ it's not what you asked for. If your drink was lightened (like cream) and sweet, they used a swirl. The swirl is like a creamy sweet syrup. I get the mocha swirl, and they still ask if I want cream and sugar! It's so sweet and creamy with just the swirl...
  • slaite1
    Options
    vfgqm7ae5od3.png

I took a screenshot of part of the PDF that shows both hazelnut flavor and hazelnut swirl. Note the difference. You may have ordered flavor, but you got a swirl. Dunkin and Starbucks are completely different in this, FYI. I already explained in my original response what an issue this is, and how I deal with it. Good luck in your coffee endeavors.

Ps-I've never posted a photo from my phone, sorry if the format sucks horribly.
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the flavor, really. My go-to DD order is a large blueberry iced with skim milk and 3 Splendas. The blueberry flavor only comes in the shot, so it's unsweetened. The only calories come from the milk, so they're minimal. What flavor did you get?