Late Night Workout Question

Options
Twice a week I attend a Beginning Boxing class, which is basically like a Boot Camp Class. The class is from 7:10-8:10pm. It is great for my schedule, but I am struggling with getting to sleep. I am so exhausted, but energized after the workout, I don't get to sleep till at least 2am. Any suggestions? Presently, I just take a shower and watch TV to relax, but that doesn't seem to help.

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I use a topical magnesium for those nights when my body is tense and energized but I need my sleep. I just put it on right before bed, generally on whatever muscles are the most tight feeling (calf and/or shoulder are my most common) and then by the time I crawl into bed and take a deep breath I'm usually feeling relaxed and fall right asleep.
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    How long has this been your routine? You might need some more time to adjust. I workout late, shower, watch a tiny bit of TV and then I totally crash. But this has been my routine for 2 years.
  • gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    It might take time for your body to adjust. I work rotating shifts from days to nights so it took my body about three months to really adjust. I work 6:30 am to 6:30 pm or 6:30 pm to 6:30 am. On days shifts I workout a couple hours before bed on night shifts I workout at midnight or 1 am. It will take your body a while to get into your routine. You will have to stick with it once your body adjusts.
  • terrycramerjr
    terrycramerjr Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I am having a similar problem. I started working out three weeks ago. I usually start around 7:30 PM. I'm hoping my body adjusts to it. I took a sleeping pill a couple of times but that's not the answer.