Keto diet - lost 25 lbs- back to carbs now??

Options
Hi!

Help?

I lost 25 lbs over a year and a half mostly staying away from carbs and calorie counting. Every 6 months or so, I went off my mostly keto diet to just eat whatever, gain a little weight, and get back to it. but what worked for my body then doesn't seem comfortable anymore. I think I need to incorporate carbs - bc I've been craving/eating so much pasta and pizza- I haven't gained weight, just a little cellulite, but I want to get lean, improve my muscle tone, and not sure if a severely restrictive carb diet is the right way to go now that I'm no longer overweight. Any helpful tips?

Replies

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Go to whatever carb level works best for your health and that you can work with. For some that is very low carb, for others it is just low carb and others do fine on higher carbs.

I d think that refined and highly processed carbs are not the best for health and weight control. YMMV.
  • toxikon
    toxikon Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss!

Keep in mind that calorie counting is still a good idea even if you're close to/at maintenance. It's very easy to fall into the trap of thinking you can eat whatever you want now that you've reached your goal weight.

But yes - slowly increasing your carbs while still keeping track of your calories is not a bad idea. Don't use it as an excuse to overeat pizza and pasta! Good luck!