Dance Workout DVDS?

Options
I love doing dance workouts, they just make them more fun. I've done Belly Dancing, Carmen Electra's Strip Tease, and took a few actual dance classes. Anyone found a DVD that they love? I'm considering investing in Hip Hop Abs with Shawn T, but I haven't heard many reviews nor am i willing to spend $70 on it.

Replies

• Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    If you have a wii, there is Just Dance that reviews well. Other than that I haven't found many that review well at all.
  • angela0831
    angela0831 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    how is the Carmen Electra's video? i've been wanting to try it but is it a good workout? Have you tried ZUMBA? its super fun! i just ordered the videos... as soon as i get them i'll post a review. I have the INSANITY with Shawn T and hes awesome... maybe the HIP HOP abs is good too
  • Melanie1967
    Melanie1967 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Go to: http://www.exercisetv.tv/store/ I download alot from there, and cheaper then going and buying the DVD. They have a hip hop abs on there, but not sure if it's the one you want. I use exercise on demand channel alot on Time Warner Cable. This is a store to their website.
  • jnsangel33
    jnsangel33 Posts: 49
    Options
    I started Hip Hop Abs last week with Shaun T. I really like it. It claims that you will lose so much in the first 6 days, and I found that to NOT be true....HOWEVER... I have lost inches. It is a lot of fun to do.
  • tw1970
    tw1970 Posts: 10
    Options
    I just ordered DanceX so I will post when I try it. I love doing the Wii Just dance, I have dance challenges with my daughter and niece.
  • jbwegner
    jbwegner Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    The Wii is one of the best investments my family has ever made. We have a blast playing all of th games together. The Just Dance game is a great workout. They also have a Broadway version now which is dance based and I know a lot of people love Dance Dance Revolution (DDR). You can up the level of beats per minute to challenge different fitness levels. I so want this for my B.Day. I know these options are all pricey, but DDR has different versions for different systems if you already have something like a PlayStation. We love our Wii though. It's provided lots of good, active, family fun!

Oh, and TurboJam is kind of dancey. It's fun too.
  • bhelmreich
    bhelmreich Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    thanks for the ideas :)
  • BiloxiBelle
    BiloxiBelle Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I have enjoyed Dance w/Julianne Hough-Cardio Ballroom, Dance Off the Inches Hip Hop Party, Dancing w/the STars-Dance Off the Pounds, Petra Kolber-Just Dance, Cheryl Burke-Disco Abs & Cardio Axe (from the Brazil Butt Lift series from Beachbody). I have heard really great things about Shaun T's Rocking Body as well.