The Feeling Phenomenon

Options
Don't you just hate those days when you "feel" fat. You get on the scales and you've either stayed the same or lost a lb or 2lbs, but nothing you do can stop you from that feeling fat. Especially in that week before the dreaded period. Then of course there's the opposite that happens too which to be honest is probably even more demoralising. Feeling thin, you convince yourself that you must have lost loooaaads of lbs this week because you "feel" so thin, as light as a feather. You put the hours exercise in and somehow you just feel that it has all worked for the best. Then you get on the scales and realise they haven't shifted, or worse you've put weight on. It's a complete disbelief and start of mourning be cause you were just so sure you were feeling thin.

For the feeling fat days I have a pair of trousers in the cupboard that I was wearing last year I try on and it cheers me up a little. But those feeling thin days..... I convince myself there's something wrong with the scales, there can't be any other explaination!

So how do people deal with the "Feeling Phenomenon" versus reality?

Replies

• gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    I only get on the scale once a month. So many foods can cause water retention or bloating. Certain workouts cause water retention or dehydration. I definitely get those days and I just push through them or workout extra hard if I am feeling bloated.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I only get the 'feel fat' bloated feeling when I've eaten far too much and I really don't like it. Even so, that feeling and thinking about that feeling hasn't helped me avoid eating far too much occasionally.
  • pineapple_jojo
    pineapple_jojo Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I only really get that when I've been eating too much salt. Take out and very processed savoury foods (potato chips, pizza etc) make me feel really big the next day.