Sweet potato

Options
2»

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    one of my go-to's - roast sweet potato, cook some pasta - mix together, add in protein of choice (I normally use chicken or shrimp) and then a bit of alfredo sauce
  • dfnewcombe
    dfnewcombe Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    This recipe for a Southwestern loaded sweet potato was featured on the Biggest Loser a few years ago. Ihaven't made it for a while but your post reminded me of it.

http://www.devinalexander.com/552/
  • heavensshadow
    heavensshadow Posts: 264 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    one of my go-to's - roast sweet potato, cook some pasta - mix together, add in protein of choice (I normally use chicken or shrimp) and then a bit of alfredo sauce

@deannalfisher I've done this with butternut squash and added pine nuts to it. Nom.
  • abbynormalartist
    abbynormalartist Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    My hubby's favorite: (cup into equal size pieces) three chicken sausages, a yellow onion, a red pepper and 2 sweet potatoes. Nuke the potatoes in a bowl for about 1 minute, just to give them a head start on cooking. Throw everything on a lightly sprayed baking cheese and bake at 350 for about 35 minutes, or until the potatoes are done. I usually shake the pan about half way through so they don't stick.
  • cheryldumais
    cheryldumais Posts: 1,907 Member
    Options
    I do them in the oven with olive oil (just a light sprinkling) and onions. Add some thyme and salt and pepper and roast at 375 until just starting to brown.
  • fran200864
    fran200864 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ok so I've only recently been introduced to the sweet potato! I'm just wondering if there's anyone who has got some interesting recipes I could try?:)

Have you tried a little oil ,salt ,pepper and smoked paprika all together in a deep bowl .Peel and cut sweet potato into wedges . Put wedges into bowl and make sure wedges are covered in the mixture . Put on a baking tray and cook for about 30 mins
  • STLBADGIRL
    STLBADGIRL Posts: 1,693 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I snagged this off of Pinterest... and it's delish

Prep time - 5 mins
    Cook time 30 mins

8p59bb8fi7bi.jpg

1qtqnyr9v568.jpg

Instructions -
    sr4dq3ie6y1t.jpg
    73t6qnqjyly6.jpg

• lunchboxesforme
    lunchboxesforme Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I microwave them, salt pepper and butter. Yum!