Didn't eat enough calories today, hungry late at night

Options
I started eating clean today and doing some form of exercise. I've been inactive for almost 3 years now. Today was a big success for me although it shows I didn't even come close to my 1200 calorie goal. I am way under like close to 500 because I exercised. It's late now almost my bedtime and I'm hungry. :| What do you recommend? Can I eat even though it's late and night and what to eat? I am not trying to starve myself, I just wasn't all that hungry today-excited that I began my journey again.

Replies

• Missycvt
    Missycvt Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    PS: Husband works swing shift and gets home at this time so right now he's eating cookies in bed. Not very supportive. :'( I honestly don't want cookies though.
  • Jadedinosaur
    Jadedinosaur Posts: 41 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    If you are not trying to starve yourself you should be looking at your calorie as a target to hit close to, not a limit to stay under. That is way, way too little for even a small child. You should eat.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,361 Member
    Options
    Eat now, and going forward make sure you eat more during the day.
  • xingax
    xingax Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    One day won't kill you. Get a good night sleep and your appetite will be back to normal in the morning. Have a good sized breakfast.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Sometimes it helps to plan the day ahead of time.
    If you need extra calories, eat cheese or nuts or a peanut butter sandwich or anything you want.

It is fine to eat at night before bed as long as eating does not interfere with your sleep.
  • deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    a bowl of cereal is my pre-bed go-to

depending on calories (you said 500)- I'd probably do some protein (like a chicken tender) and some rice/pasta or sweet potato
  • Chadxx
    Chadxx Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    As long as you stick to your calorie budget, it really doesn't matter what time you eat. I have eaten late many times and it didn't stop me from losing 150 pounds.
  • Joanna2012B
    Joanna2012B Posts: 1,448 Member
    Options
    Chadxx wrote: »
    As long as you stick to your calorie budget, it really doesn't matter what time you eat. I have eaten late many times and it didn't stop me from losing 150 pounds.

^^This for sure!! I have a hard time going to sleep if I go to bed hungry. So yes if you have calories eat them. Why not ask your husband to eat his cookies in the kitchen?
  • Lounmoun
    Lounmoun Posts: 8,426 Member
    Options
    Yes eat until you reach your calorie goal especially if you are hungry.
    Meal timing does not matter for weight loss.
    You could eat cookies but you don't have to eat cookies. You might want to choose more calorie dense foods though.
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10142490/a-list-of-calorie-dense-foods/p1
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    I'd join in on the cookies. Sounds fun.... Sure, you'll fill the bed with crumbs, so it's hardly clean, but oh well.
  • bagge72
    bagge72 Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    6 or 7 Oreo's and your good to go. Not clean for the bed sheets but I think Nabisco cleaned them thoroughly.
  • shayden_
    shayden_ Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Yea if you're hungry, eat a little & remember it takes like 30 minutes after you eat for the hunger feeling to go away.

If i'm hungry before bedtime, i eat 2 celery sticks & baby carrots with a little ranch to dip (for some reason celery kills my appetite)
    If I wake up in the middle of the night, I'll scarf down a banana dipped in like a 90cal plain greek yogurt container
  • Sheisinlove109
    Sheisinlove109 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    Grab some string cheese and some carrots, peanut butter/toast/banana, cottage cheese, Greek yogurt, nuts and grapes. Snack, go to sleep...new day tomorrow.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Eat whatever you like. Doesn't matter what time you eat. I always eat a snack before bed. But if you have 500 more calories left you could eat a whole meal.
  • kshama2001
    kshama2001 Posts: 27,912 Member
    Options
    I too always eat a snack before bed.