Salad dressings

Options
2»

Replies

• peleroja
    peleroja Posts: 3,979 Member
    Options
    I like salsa too, or just a squirt of sriracha because I'm gross, lol.

I also really like just a lemon or lime squeezed over my salad with a bit of salt (and a tsp of olive oil if I need the fat).

If you're really watching calories, another good option are those fancy flavoured vinegars you can buy now, there's stuff like "blueberry white balsamic" and "basil oregano white wine" or whatever at specialty olive oil shops and some grocery stores.

You can also just add flavour with torn up fresh herbs like basil, thyme, dill, cilantro etc. Really low calorie and delicious with a little acid from vinegar or citrus.
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    Options
    peleroja wrote: »
    If you're really watching calories, another good option are those fancy flavoured vinegars you can buy now, there's stuff like "blueberry white balsamic" and "basil oregano white wine" or whatever at specialty olive oil shops and some grocery stores.

Yeah, this is where I got my meyer lemon balsamic, at an olive oil place. It's delicious.
  • hcdo
    hcdo Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Simple Truth Organic Goddess Dressing is delicious, and only half the calories of Annie's Goddess Dressing (60 cals/2 Tbsp vs. 120). I usually like my salads with a lot of dressing, so I "water" down the 2 tbsp with some balsamic vinegar. Still tastes awesome.
  • cangler
    cangler Posts: 104 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    walden farms has 0 cal offerings, but my favorite is probably kraft fat free catalina - 50 cals per serving, they all seem to be high in sodium so be careful on serving size.
  • T0M_K
    T0M_K Posts: 7,526 Member
    Options
    Hendrickson's - Sweet Vinegar and Olive Oil Dressing
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Olive Garden sells a fantastic light Italian in the grocery store now. It's only 40cal for 2 Tbsp. I also make my own Italian or Ranch using the seasoning packets. I make a creamy Italian with Fage 0% Greek Yogurt, seasoning packet and vinegar. I make Ranch with Fage 0% Greek Yogurt, a little skim milk and seasoning packet.

Yes, the Olive Garden light Italian is my current favorite.