New scale needed - recommendations?

Options
That feeling when your scale decides you gained 44.5 lbs overnight. And will NOT change its mind, even when you change its batteries. Soooooooo.....is the Withings scale worth it? No, right?

Replies

• WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Try a mid priced Ozeri brand on Amazon. My mom has a high end of theirs she loves and I have one that allows you to do the basics...create a profile, get BMI, and shows your trending high/low weight for the past 3, 7, 15, (etc) weigh-ins. It just flashes through the other screens after you get your weight and step off. And it turns green if you've lost and red if you've gained. More than enough features for me and definitely under $50.
  • Tacklewasher
    Tacklewasher Posts: 7,122 Member
    Options
    fitbethlin wrote: »
    That feeling when your scale decides you gained 44.5 lbs overnight. And will NOT change its mind, even when you change its batteries. Soooooooo.....is the Withings scale worth it? No, right?

Not really. I have one I found in a clearance bin, and I do like it but it is an expensive toy. It is nice in that I just step on it and don't have to do anything else and all my sites are up to date (here, Garmin, Trendweight) but it really isn't worth it unless you really like gadgets.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,131 Member
    Options
    I got a weight watchers one out of the supermarket for £20 it does what it needs to, it also does body fat and all that jazz, although I don't put a lot of stock in the figures given for those. In terms of normal weight, it always seemed to be fairly accurate compared with my doctor's properly calibrated scales.
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options
  • Tacklewasher
    Options

Heads up it won't work with Android, only iPhones. Otherwise, damn that's cheap for a bluetooth scale.
  • Tacklewasher
    Options
    I got a weight watchers one out of the supermarket for £20 it does what it needs to, it also does body fat and all that jazz, although I don't put a lot of stock in the figures given for those. In terms of normal weight, it always seemed to be fairly accurate compared with my doctor's properly calibrated scales.

I hate my WW scale. Unless I change by more than 3/4 of a lb, it gives me the prior reading. Had to always step on it with one foot to reset it before weighing. Not all are like this, but mine annoyed me (hence why I grabbed the one I did when I did).
  • stanmann571
    stanmann571 Posts: 5,728 Member
    Options

Heads up it won't work with Android, only iPhones. Otherwise, damn that's cheap for a bluetooth scale.

Thanks, I hadn't noticed... But yeah, I guess that's a fairly significant concern/deficiency.
  • spatter01
    spatter01 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I like the Withings scales because they will connect with a lot of services.
  • thewindandthework
    thewindandthework Posts: 531 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I love my scale from Balance. Eighteen bucks, attractive, no frills. Perfect.

ETA: It's surprisingly difficult to find scales that don't display previous weights if the change is under a certain threshold. That's a supremely annoying "feature".
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    Love mine too. Basic, not bluetooth. EatSmart Precision Digital Bathroom Scale with Extra Large Lighted Display. $23. Amazon.