Vegetarian Dishes

Options
5017maria
5017maria Posts: 2 Member
I have been eating lots of fish and seafood over the last week or so, but now I am looking for some tasty vegetarian dishes, any ideas?
Thanks

Replies

• estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    My diary is open if you'd like to take a gander, see if there's anything you'd like.
  • 5017maria
    5017maria Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Just tried to have a look and it said it was locked
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    That's weird. Just checked my settings and it's on public. I'll send you a friends request. Maybe that'll help (though 'public' is supposed to be for everyone, not just friends.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,752 Member
    Options
    Shakshuka.
    Or omelettes/frittata.. Great for clearing out the vegie drawer of the fridge!
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    This recipe is easy and delicious. And it's good hot or cold.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/11669/greek-pasta-with-tomatoes-and-white-beans/
  • thewindandthework
    thewindandthework Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I pretty much just decide what I want to eat, and if it normally has meat I make it without. Normally it's really easy to replace meat with veggies. Something like a burger or meatloaf takes a little more thought but it can be done, and it can be delicious!

Particular faves are pasta dishes and things like gyros, tacos, etc.

I also make vegetarian black beans and rice which I have for lunch at work every day except weekends. And sometimes even then, because it's delicious and healthy.
  • shalinireji
    shalinireji Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    5017maria wrote: »
    I have been eating lots of fish and seafood over the last week or so, but now I am looking for some tasty vegetarian dishes, any ideas?
    Thanks

Well, you can check out my Indian Vegetarian Recipes page. If you're interested in Indian Cuisine
  • smit7633
    smit7633 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Try The Happy Pear and Cooking With Plants on YouTube both incredible channels and easily accessed ingredients and recipes. Just be aware that they are outside the US so make sure you do accurate conversions. Cooking with Plants does list the imperial conversions on her blog which is always linked on her videos.
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,605 Member
    Options
    Mejadra. Save yourself the work of frying the onions by buying ready made deep fried shallots.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2010/oct/09/mejadra-recipe-yotam-ottolenghi
  • mbaker566
    mbaker566 Posts: 11,233 Member
    Options
    i like lentil soup. vegetarian or not
    banana bread
    tofu stir fry
    tofu and broccoli
    black bean soup. vegetarian or not
    i use potato soup as a base for an avenue of flavors. currently eating (parmasean) garlic potato soup