The struggle is real...

Options
Here i am. Back again. I posted last night under the motivation forum. Maybe i got TOO motivated...lol
Heres my issues: i either eat too much or too little. Damn it, its frustrating as hell!
Today all i have eaten was at breakfast a cookies and cream 2 poptarts ... Okay 380 calories ive logged it. Lunch i couldnt find anything healthy enough so i got upset and said screw it. I didnt eat. Well im freaking starving so i drank a glass of water. No good. So i gave in and ate 3 cheetos. Ugh. Now im worried ill never lose weight because this is how its going to go all week. What do i do yall i feel so discouraged in myself. That im not eating what im supposed to eat. I feel like i should be perfect.

Replies

• tamisteffens
    tamisteffens Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    There's no such thing as perfect, so go ahead and throw that idea away. I would suggest planning your meals well in advance. Know today what you are having for lunch tomorrow. And supper. And breakfast. That should reduce your frustration and set you up for success. A lot of people a lot smarter than I am will have other ideas as well. Good luck.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Planning seems like a good idea to me too. I currently don't plan out my week or day but I darn sure have my chosen foods available to eat when hungry. I've been in maintenance for 3 years and I still keep a stocked pantry and fridge of chosen foods.
  • everher
    everher Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    1. No one is perfect.
    2. Consuming less calories than you burn is all that is necessary to lose weight. Eating Cheetos won't prohibit you from losing weight.
    3. If you want to eat "healthier" buy more nutritious foods and meal plan.
  • tbirk
    tbirk Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    More satisfying foods will help you avoid cravings and major hunger pain! Try eating eggs and half a piece of toast for breakfast instead of poptarts -- you will see the difference! Fewer calories and more satisfying. Replaces cheetos with string cheese or peanut butter & apple or banana. Try sparkling water. We all slip up. Stay strong! Don't hate yourself, don't starve yourself, resist the binge!
  • tbirk
    tbirk Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Planning is a great idea. If my budget is 1500 calories, then I plan: 250 cal breakfast, 500 cal lunch, 500 cal dinner, and 250 cal for snacks. Something like that. I have to snack. When I've done stricter dieting, I also plan WHEN I eat to space it out. It takes some self control, but waiting to snack might help you make it to dinner.