Is cleaning the house a good way to burn calories? Do you count it?

Options
2»

Replies

• Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I just let my fitbit measure my steps so I don't log it as a specific activity, just part of my daily adjustment.
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,949 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I think it's a good way to get an extra "hidden" burn. I personally would not count that in my exercise diary. But that's my personal preference.

However, the number of times I see people on my feed who count things like cooking or cleaning as exercise and then go on to complain that they're not losing weight seems pretty high in comparison to people who only count the planned exercise.
  • ValkyrieOnline
    ValkyrieOnline Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    VeryKatie wrote: »
    I think it's a good way to get an extra "hidden" burn. I personally would not count that in my exercise diary. But that's my personal preference.

However, the number of times I see people on my feed who count things like cooking or cleaning as exercise and then go on to complain that they're not losing weight seems pretty high in comparison to people who only count the planned exercise.
    I agree 100%! It is best as a hidden burn :blush:
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I have a wife so why would I clean the house?
    #Joking!

It's a good thing to swap inactivity for being active but no I wouldn't log it as exercise.