Estimated vrs. Reality?

Options
Has anyone compared what myfitnesspal estimates your weight in five weeks to be and what you actually are five weeks later?

Replies

• jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    Options
    I know of only one person who has said the numbers matched for her. In general, odds are slim that they'll match since they are based purely on calorie intake with no consideration for other factors that affect weight and assume that your intake is identical for 35 days in a row.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 17,959 Member
    Options
    I don't think I've ever had 5 weeks where every day was exactly the same, so I couldn't say.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    When I first started it was semi-accurate. Now that I'm leaner, it's not at all. I also re-feed every Saturday so my weekly average is not what MFP is "expecting" lol.
  • Savyna
    Savyna Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    I finally tested it out this past month. It took me about 5 days to get to the weight they suggested I'd be within 5 weeks.
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,122 Member
    Options
    Since the assumption is 1) That all your information is entered correctly for the day, and 2) That every single day in those 5 weeks will be EXACTLY like this day, the likelihood of this ever matching is extremely low simply because real people don't have every day exactly the same, especially for a 5 week stretch.
  • 30kgin2017
    30kgin2017 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    I even tried to take a weekly average of the predictions and it didnt match.
  • PinkCuddleMonster
    PinkCuddleMonster Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I just wanted to know how much stock to put in those numbers :)
  • MommyMeggo
    MommyMeggo Posts: 1,222 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. I just wanted to know how much stock to put in those numbers :)

the only stock i put into numbers are what I weigh, log and eat- everything else is just an estimate. (And even then to the gram there can be errors)

Therefore i dont pay attentions to 5 day estimates and i make sure to leave 150-250 green calories daily to CYA for over estimation of "burn" from my fit bit.