Stress stalling my weight loss?

Options
I've been stuck for the last 2 or 3 weeks. What's more frustrating is I'm only 3 pounds away from my 100 lb goal. Ugh. This past month has been horribly stressful and I wonder if that's why my weight loss stalled. Should I exercise more or just ride it out and see what happens?

Replies

• kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Stress can absolutely play havoc with weight loss. Relaxing exercise such as yoga, pilates etc would be more beneficial than cardio type exercise. Are you getting enough sleep?
  • brznhabits
    brznhabits Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    Yes it can. If you can manage it I recommend a massage or an isolation float. Both will dehydrate and make you gain water weight temporarily but should help your mind and body and then hopefully the last few pounds will drop.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    When I'm stressed, a nice long walk offers a good break. The fresh air can provide a relief from tension and clear your head. Congratulations, by the way, for being so very close to your goal. What an accomplishment!
  • Maxematics
    Maxematics Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    I've been sleeping like crap this week because it's a busy week at work and I'm under stress. Part of this busy week meant ordering take out more than usual too. My whole body bloated up and I watched my weight go from 113 to 120 pounds within a day. I'm back down to 115 after three days and I'm still not sleeping for more than 4 hours per night, so yes, stress can be a killer for sure. I've been taking long walks and stretching to try and chill out a bit, but other than that I just have to wait for my body and schedule to get back to normal.
  • sexymamadraeger
    sexymamadraeger Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Ok thank you! I'll keep doing what I'm doing and wait. I walk my dog a lot and you're right. Walks are great for stress. I especially love early mornings.