Tall ladies with similar stats; what is your calorie range?

Options
2»

Replies

• amtyrell
    amtyrell Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    5 ft 10
    Started at 224 in February
    Currently 189
    Eat what mfp tells me currently 1780 plus half ish of my exercise calories.
    Doing c25k and weights have my base set to light active.
    Mfp is pretty good. Hang with the suggested calories for a month using a scale to log careful. Then adjust based on if you are losing as expected.
    P.s. curse of being female is weight loss is not just not linear but might as well be a rollercoaster.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I'm 5'10" and 156. My goal is 140. I have a small frame up top, I think I look best around that weight otherwise I have a lot of jiggle in my midsection. Highest weight other than when I was pregnant was 180.

I avg about 1600-1800 calories per day total. I'm losing half to a pound a week.
  • Muana1005
    Muana1005 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 7 - to maintain 180 pounds I was eating 2k calories (very active).
  • noirelb
    noirelb Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    I changed my settings to sedentary, I'm prob between sedentary and lightly active I wld think, and it brought the calories to 1730. I adjusted up to 1750 (from the 1800 I was using.) Will see how that goes. I log my workouts low, so I'm not tempted to eat back all the calories. I maybe eat back like half.

I'm motivated to see that other tall gals are losing in this same range. And also just to hear from other gals that can understand being 200#s and just wanting to lose a few pounds. Lol. I know it seems crazy to shorter ppl.

LOL i know this post is old but it made my day. People tell me their 9month pregnancy weight and i think to myself...wow I'd like to weigh that!!

I'm 5'10" i have gained weight due to pregnancy and currently losing it and am now at 225lbs. I feel at my best at 180-190lbs. I actually have 2 pictures on my profile at that weight. I've also had disorders when i was a teen at 5'10" and anywhere under 170lbs was hairloss and bones poking out and period free...and i got to 153lbs and was told to gain weight.

We just need to accept being heavier!!
  • ZhivagosGirl
    ZhivagosGirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and at 241 currently (down from 300!). MFP gave me 1320 when I put in sedentary.
  • noirelb
    Options
    I'm 5'11" and at 241 currently (down from 300!). MFP gave me 1320 when I put in sedentary.

Same here but at 2lbs per week right? How can you sustain that? I tried but after 1.5months when i got to 230lbs i had hunger headaches. Im not at 1.5lbs per week and 1560calories. And i always ate atleast 50% exercise calories back.
  • MossiO
    MossiO Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'8", set to sedentary with 1460 cals a day for 1lb a week, but I find that I really need 1800 cals a day so I earn and eat those from lots of walking.
  • ZhivagosGirl
    ZhivagosGirl Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    @noirelb
    2 lbs per week - yes. I've only been using MFP since July 10 so I don't know about sustaining or not. It's been fine so far.
  • glassofroses
    glassofroses Posts: 653 Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    I'm 5'11.5,140.6lbs (from SW 212lbs) and sedentary barring workouts and so MPF gives me 1830 to maintain which I find not enough and I still lose at this weight, so I worked it out for myself (trial and error) and I need roughly 2000-2100cals without exercise to basically exist going to the fridge. :wink: Anything after that: walks, training etc I log separately and eat accordingly. If you log MFP calories, the safe bet is to eat half back because they're inflated.

As for workouts, I train in martial arts (kickboxing) for the equivalent of 5-7 hours a week (2 hours consecutively on Wed/Thurs sometimes Mon). I do yoga on occasion and running sparingly. I have done all of it since I just was under 200lbs so if you think there is something you can't do because you're still heavy, I say balls. Go for it.

ETA: I'm in maintenance. I just wanted to show how low 1800 is when you consider I'm 75lbs lighter and I still lose on that.
  • tdavis1994
    tdavis1994 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I am 5'10" my calories are set at 1860 to lose 2 lbs a week. I am losing roughly 2 lbs a week like I should. I am set at sedentary but I am trying to walk more skni might have to change my activity level soon. I think your calories are set correctly. I weight everything I eat to be as accurate as possible.
  • noirelb
    Options
    @noirelb
    2 lbs per week - yes. I've only been using MFP since July 10 so I don't know about sustaining or not. It's been fine so far.

Oh i see. I think i was doing that from june 1st to mid july and i just couldn't anymore but I'm also a person who tends to overestimate my calories so maybe i was eating less. Not sure
  • KelseyRL
    KelseyRL Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    This is really interesting. I'm 5 10 and weigh around 178 and with losing 1lb per week, I'm at 1500. I'm surprised by how wide the ranges are for ladies at about the same height.
  • noirelb
    Options
    KelseyRL wrote: »
    This is really interesting. I'm 5 10 and weigh around 178 and with losing 1lb per week, I'm at 1500. I'm surprised by how wide the ranges are for ladies at about the same height.

Most fenitely different since my goal weight is 185lbs and you are losing below that! I get super skinny at 170lbs.
  • Asibaris
    Asibaris Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I'm also 6', and have 216 lbs. I eat 2000 cal this month 'cause I have an exam and sit a lot reading. But until that I was eating like 2200 daily and came to this weight from 230.
    I have to say though that I exercise daily - strength 3-4, hiit 1-2, and light cardio 1-2.
    If you want some exercise suggestions - check fitneasblender.com - they have free workout videos and very cheap (15$) workout plans for 4-8 weeks.

Hope this will help you out. I am very happy with my progress, especially the physical stuff which I couldn't do before and now can easily do.
  • noirelb
    Options
    KelseyRL wrote: »

Also, this is why they say the BMI charts barely work when you focus on very tall and very short people. The range become too big at that point. You have a small frame or model look that can be healthy at 130lbs and then you have huge frame that couldn't even go under 190lbs without major muscle loss.
  • Graelwyn75
    Graelwyn75 Posts: 4,404 Member
    Options
    5'9.2 and weighed 128 last I checked (on Saturday). I am eating around 2200 calories a day and cycle or go to the gym most days. When I was on mfp before, back in 2012/2013 and weighed 140 with a lot of lean mass, I could eat up to 3500 calories a day before gaining. I was very active however.
  • _BlahBlah_BlackSheep_
    _BlahBlah_BlackSheep_ Posts: 2,148 Member
    Options
    5' 9.5", 129 lbs. I typically eat around 1400 calories a day, though it fluctuates up depending on my daily activity level (I run, lift, hike, yoga).