Water intake

Options
Yesterday I took in well over 120 ml of water is it ok to have that much water and is there such a thing as to much water while dieting?
Also I am constantly thirsty n obviously pee alot doctor has ordered blood work she believes I'm diabetic cuz I have hypoglycemia for bout 6 years now, n yes I'm very cautious what I eat n drink I've already lost over 30 pounds in two months timing ....

Replies

• tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,363 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Not sure how much water you are drinking 120 ml? That amount isn't much at all so I assume a typo?

Best way to tell if you are drinking too much or too little fluid is the colour of your pee. Dark yellow (except for the first pee of the day) means too little water whereas if your pee is clear without any colour or very little colour, probably drinking too much fluid and can drink a little less.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    120 ml? That's 1/2 cup...

Too much water makes me feel ill, like I'm going to pass out. It can create electrolyte imbalance which isn't healthy...
  • mommachristel1984
    mommachristel1984 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    120 ml? That's 1/2 cup...

Too much water makes me feel ill, like I'm going to pass out. It can create electrolyte imbalance which isn't healthy...

Sorry that was a typo lol I drank over 6 bottles of water thru the day and I slow it down at night or I'm going pee all night lol...
    And how wud I go about the electrlite issue ? I don't like powerade or Gatorade it tastes to salty to me n I dont do alot of salt n e ways I see that get swollen...
  • ZephieC
    ZephieC Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    "They" say to divide your weight (lbs) by 2 and that is the minimum ounces of water/liquid you should drink. Personally I aim for 96-104 ounces everyday. I do it because it helps me feel full and is beneficial for my IBS. (coffee/tea/juice counts) You should listen to your body. Obviously if it makes you feel ill don't do it. If you are thirsty than definitely drink... what tiptoethruthetulips said is a standard indicator
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,363 Member
    Options
    How mls in each bottle?
  • mommachristel1984
    Options
    How mls in each bottle?
    I believe it's the aquafina 20 fl oz bottles I don't have one in front of me as we speak.... Will later tho lol... Out in garden.
  • mommachristel1984
    Options
    ZephieC wrote: »
    "They" say to divide your weight (lbs) by 2 and that is the minimum ounces of water/liquid you should drink. Personally I aim for 96-104 ounces everyday. I do it because it helps me feel full and is beneficial for my IBS. (coffee/tea/juice counts) You should listen to your body. Obviously if it makes you feel ill don't do it. If you are thirsty than definitely drink... what tiptoethruthetulips said is a standard indicator

I also have IBS has your IBS effected your dieting? Like myself I have problems going n I'm like wait a second here with all there greens I Shud b going like crazy... N then I'm back to normal again but I can go a week without going n I find it unhealthy n bloated n just feel blah...
  • mitch16
    mitch16 Posts: 2,113 Member
    Options
    Sporadically drinking that much probably isn't bad, especially if you've been sweating a lot, but doing that every day *could* set you up for an electrolyte imbalance. Check in with your doctor (the one who's testing you for diabetes) to find out his opinion--he should be able to tell you if that's o.k. or not considering your health factors.
  • ZephieC
    ZephieC Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    ZephieC wrote: »

I also have IBS has your IBS effected your dieting? Like myself I have problems going n I'm like wait a second here with all there greens I Shud b going like crazy... N then I'm back to normal again but I can go a week without going n I find it unhealthy n bloated n just feel blah...

I had a bad flare up for almost a year. I was eating 50grams of fibre a day and drinking tons of water, and nothing. Not going is absolute misery. Finally I saw a naturopath. I did an elimination diet and ended up gluten free for 18 months. I am finally back to "normal" and able to eat freely. My doc also recommended Magnesium Citrate, I take 600 mg every night and that really helps with the 'go.' I try to get my 25grams of fibre a day (it is one of the nutrients I track on my diary) and plenty of water. During bad times I cannot eat any raw vegetables or salad, everything has to be cooked. What should make sense never seems to where my belly/colon are concerned.
  • WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    If you can't trust the need to pee (because of diabetes) you should stick to the "half your body weight" rule. But if you're exercising vigorously, you should be drinking more to compensate. It's not unusual to lose 1 to 1.5 liters from sweating. You should weigh yourself before exercise and after. If you "lost weight", you need to hydrate more during exercise. I usually weigh about 2 to 3 lbs more after exercise, but I drink 150 to 200 ounces of water daily and strength train, so I think I'm holding water post workout.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I drink around 1.5-2L of water most days in winter and closer to 3L in summer, sorry cant wrap my head around ounces.