Alcohol ..... Question n advice please..

Options
Ok I won't lie I like to have my drinks n yes I have switched to lighter color alcohols n if I have some beer I stick to 99 calories beer, but besides the beer how can I count in the calories that shots have in them? Is it on this app or somewhere online can I find it?
I mainly drink UV blue if I have shots except for this weekend coming up i have a special occasion where there will be Jack Daniels red label n Black label so I need to find out how many calories here ...

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,107 Member
    Options
    Most drinks are in the database if you can't find them google the brand and "nutritional information" and you can often find the information online. Failing that find a similar popular brand and log that.
  • bethany_rose8
    bethany_rose8 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    What tinker bell said. I love myself a vodka and soda water with lime
  • clicketykeys
    clicketykeys Posts: 6,568 Member
    Options
    Be careful about "lighter color alcohols." I looove me some moscato, but there's a REASON it tastes so sweet, lol!
  • vivelajackie
    vivelajackie Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Hard liquor seems to average lower calories, which is good for me because I'm a cheap date. Pfft. Unfortunately I prefer wine, which is a bit heavier on the cal budget. A lot of alcohol has entries on here. I scan barcodes on the bottle and am often surprised!
  • mommachristel1984
    mommachristel1984 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Jemmej747 wrote: »
    Also I am constantly thirsty n obviously pee alot doctor has ordered blood work she believes I'm diabetic cuz I have hypoglycemia for bout 6 years now, n yes I'm very cautious what I eat n drink I've already lost over 30 pounds in two months timing ....

FYI - if you have diabetes you should NOT be drinking. It is very bad for your body.

I don't know if I do have it yet,doc seems to think there is a chance that I do have it.. I've been diagnosed with hypoglycemia tho years ago
  • dustbringer
    dustbringer Posts: 1,621 Member
    Options
    Lighter color liquors are not less in calorie. Also Soda Water (Tonic) has calories.

Tonic has calories, but soda water/seltzer/club soda do not.
  • jordygir1971
    jordygir1971 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Lighter color liquors are not less in calorie. Also Soda Water (Tonic) has calories.

If you need a mixer use diet soda or water.

A 5 oz glass of wine = a 1.5 oz of liquor (80 proof) both in calories and alcohol.

Soda water (club soda) has no calories. Tonic is entirely different, that does have calories.
  • collectingblues
    collectingblues Posts: 2,541 Member
    Options
    FYI - if you have diabetes you should NOT be drinking. It is very bad for your body.

Not universally true. I've been type 1 diabetic for 35 years now, and the endocrinologists I saw (two different ones) in college and grad school always said I could have one drink a day -- with the side caution to not go saving them up and having seven in one day.

You need to be careful if you're a diabetic and you choose to drink, but it's not forbidden. And really -- *anyone* needs to be careful if they drink, I suppose. I just need to make sure I'm not adding alcohol to hypoglycemia, and I'm carefully bolusing and adjusting for any sugary drinks. But, I'm not an idiot, so it's worth the effort and the math.

• bribucks
    bribucks Posts: 431 Member
    Options
    Most liquors will be in the MFP database. Typically at a bar you get about 1.5 oz of liquor in a drink, but of course depending on what cocktail it is, there could be a whole host of other things in the drink. If you are trying to cut calories, your best bet would be a light beer or a glass of wine. Those delicious margaritas will get you!