MFP suggested daily calorie goal

RenaTX
RenaTX Posts: 345 Member
Hi there,

I was active on MFP back in 2014. Life became stressful, yadda , yadda and I stopped trying. I'm back, trying again. Recognizing this but unfortunately I gained back all my weight and a little more :( .

I started again on 6/4/2017 and had a strong week but didn't lose anything. Usually I can at least lose a pound or two starting even if it's water weight. I'm not discouraged but it leads to my question.

My daily calorie goal MFP had me at at was 1790 but today I updated my Diet Profile in case this was it and it bumped it up to 1890. Should I keep the 1890 or move it back down to 1790?

I'm pretty sure my Diet Profile settings are correct.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    If your profile is correct, leave it at 1890. You weigh more now, MFP is giving you more calories. As you lose weight your calories will go down.

Welcome back!
  • RenaTX
    RenaTX Posts: 345 Member
    If your profile is correct, leave it at 1890. You weigh more now, MFP is giving you more calories. As you lose weight your calories will go down.

Welcome back!

Thanks . I hope this scale gets moving then. An extra 100 calories a day doesn't seem to be the right direction to get it going.

• SingRunTing
    SingRunTing Posts: 2,604 Member
    Just pick one and try it. 100 calories isn't a big enough difference to me to overthink this.

What's more important is ensuring accuracy within that calorie goal so you can make an informed decision about if it's working for you. If you aren't already, weight your food and measure all liquids.
  • TxTiffani
    TxTiffani Posts: 798 Member
    What is your activity set at? Maybe that has something to do with it all?