The terrible post c section n hysterectomy pooch!

Options
I know there's many women out there with this issue I've had 9 surgeries in my lower tummy n one emergency c section for my daughter I have what looks like two separate bellies I have done research on the issue n there's so much advice it's confusing so question is has n e of u had success on loosing some or all of yours n how did u do it??

Replies

• Horsejumper1
    Horsejumper1 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I've had 2 c-sections, and the pooch is definitely there for good. Sorry, but aside from surgery there's no getting rid of it. If there is, I would love to hear it!
  • amyinthetardis1231
    amyinthetardis1231 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I've seen posts from people who got rid of theirs and people who didn't. I think genetics and how much scar tissue you have both come into play. My lower belly is much bigger and holds weight a lot longer than it did before my CS, and I think there is some scar tissue to contend with, but I won't really know until I finish losing weight and see what I'm left with.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    I lost three stone and it was still there. Still is despite lots of exercise. Wish they'd just tightened it up while they were sewing it up anyway - surely would have been quite easy! :/
  • tjones0411
    tjones0411 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I agree with genetics playing a large part. My first baby was born via emergency c/s. I was lucky and once I lost the baby weight, the area is completely flat again. He was also a micro-preemie, so I'm sure that played a part too since the skin never got really stretched to begin with.
  • mazdauk
    mazdauk Posts: 1,380 Member
    Options
    Not being stretched a huge help! My first was via normal birth 7lb 12oz and huge stretch marks, second delivered C-section at 38 weeks 6lb 8oz.

Also, today I think they encourage you to move more and exercise earlier after the birth - when I had number 2 (now nearly 18) it was "no lifting, driving or pushing the pram for 6 weeks".
  • chaseracer2386
    chaseracer2386 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    I have had 4 c sections and I have the pooch.. And I have lost a lot of weight b4 and it was still there. So this time after I get where I want to be.. I'm gonna go get the mommy package.. Woot woot! Very excited about it to.. :)
  • Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I think the pooch will always be there but I'm losing weight, exercising, wearing compression pants (sexy as hell!) and using a firming cream. It's cocoa butter so I totally just want to eat myself lol.... Fingers crossed
  • amyinthetardis1231
    amyinthetardis1231 Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    I have had 4 c sections and I have the pooch.. And I have lost a lot of weight b4 and it was still there. So this time after I get where I want to be.. I'm gonna go get the mommy package.. Woot woot! Very excited about it to.. :)

I've never considered plastic surgery for anything until I had my daughter and surveyed the damage. I am actually tempted to go for a boob lift when all is said and done.
  • busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I had 3 c-sections within 3 years and have the pooch. After losing some weight it honestly doesn't bother me anymore. I've become more confident with my body in general and that has helped me accept the mom pooch. :)
  • StarBrightStarBright
    StarBrightStarBright Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I did not have have a c-section but carried two large babies (9.5 and almost 9 pounds) for 42 weeks each. I'm three pounds from goal and my tummy is still not pretty - my pooch looks like an upside down heart and I don't love it. But, It is what it is.