what do you think about tacos?

Replies

• megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    edited June 2017
    Motorsheen wrote: »

The pictures are pretty?? I live in the South but have traveled quite a bit from Florida to Alaska, Massachusetts to Juarez, Mexico and as far West as Flagstaff, Arizona.

It's got something to do with the taste of something in it. Not sure what it is, I just don't like the flavour. Never have. It's odd bc I love actual chili.

As far as the shell, it just doesn't apeal to me. Now give me cool ranch Doritos and I can eat the whole bag and then some.

I'm pretty much forced twice a year to partake, the hubs bday and Father's day.

I don't like sloppy joes either.
  • FireTurtle75
    FireTurtle75 Posts: 2,014 Member
    I'm making tacos for dinner tonight, but I can't have any shells or tortillas. The irony of being the person that does all of the cooking in the house & not getting to enjoy the food you make, the way it should be, is just horrible. :'(
  • princess0lexi
    princess0lexi Posts: 3,938 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I don't care for the Americanized tacos...I do like authentic Mexican tacos though.

thumb_600.jpg?1335250894

looks really good. i use to have home made mexican tacos. have only had tacos from taco bell twice and i like home made better
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Lol.

wncdinl72z7n.png
  • SEAHORSES4EVER
    SEAHORSES4EVER Posts: 1,553 Member
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    Caporegiem wrote: »
    finnish it off with a ice-cream taco

1jxb6i2oz99a.jpeg

I've never tried this :'(@MeeseeksAndDestroy have you figured out how you can send me one yet?

They don't have choco tacos where you live? That's truly depressing.

I haven't found them yet. We have a lot of American food places here, where do you usually get them?
    finnish it off with a ice-cream taco

1jxb6i2oz99a.jpeg

I've never tried this :'(@MeeseeksAndDestroy have you figured out how you can send me one yet?

Without going broke, not yet :lol:

Next time you're over this way, bring a cool box and loads of ice packs. I'll pay you in love.

Usually in a freezer in the back of the most run-down looking gas stations. Basically look for places you think you might get stabbed, and go in to get a choco taco.

If I can go in there in my red pvc hotpants and a fishnet top I'm all for it.
  • captainfantastic94
    captainfantastic94 Posts: 1,745 Member
    applebees chicken wonton

r2utao9bc4hy.jpg
    As an Applebee's employee I must say: those are pretty good
    Have you tried the steak ones?
    giphy.gif
    All of the yes
  • FireTurtle75
    I'm making tacos for dinner tonight, but I can't have any shells or tortillas. The irony of being the person that does all of the cooking in the house & not getting to enjoy the food you make, the way it should be, is just horrible. :'(

Why can't you have shells or tortillas?

I'm on the keto diet. I limit my total carbs to 25 or less per day. There are some low carb tortillas out there but they taste like *kitten*. Any decent tasting tortilla would shoot my whole carb limit for the day with just two. I don't eat any bread either. I also try to space the small amount of carbs that I do eat out across the whole day. When I get close to my final goals, I will be able to switch to just a low carb lifestyle & I will enjoy those things sparingly then. Right now, I'm on a mission, so I don't sacrifice anything to my cravings.
  • FireTurtle75
    I just put the taco meat in a bowl & add the toppings that are keto allowable to it. Then I just eat my faux-taco in a bowl with a spoon.
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,540 Member
    If you don't like tacos you are a Communist.
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    I don't care for the Americanized tacos...I do like authentic Mexican tacos though.

thumb_600.jpg?1335250894

These are life!!! Luckily, I have a mother-in-law that will make them for me anytime I ask. She spoils me. :D
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    I grew up in the K-12 education system here in the U.S, and tacos were a part of the lunch menu at least twice a month. The meat, cheese, and lettuce served for the taco filling was not that great, and because of that, I've never been the biggest fan of typical hard-shell tacos, especially the kind paired with brown meat. The memories of bland tacos lives on.
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member

That's just cruel.. especially on taco night! You have gotta find a way to really enjoy your meal!
  • sw33tp3a1
    sw33tp3a1 Posts: 5,065 Member
    I make bomb *kitten* tacos. So I've been told ;)
  • tmanfromtexas
    tmanfromtexas Posts: 928 Member
    megemrj wrote: »
    Nope. I don't like the flavor or the shells...

Yes I'm hated by my friends and family

rightfully so

edited to add: You simply might be eating the wrong tacos. Where do you live?
    When in the midwest, I can't find a decent taco.

check these out:

Blackened-Fish-Tacos-1-682x1024.jpg

sol-cocina.jpg

Mariscos_La_Cacho_2.jpg

Not a huge fan of fishy smelling tacos.
  • projectsix
    projectsix Posts: 5,088 Member
    Oh ffs you guys I'm starving. Opening this thread... Ugh.

giphy.gif

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,508 Member
    megemrj wrote: »
    Nope. I don't like the flavor or the shells...

Yes I'm hated by my friends and family

rightfully so

edited to add: You simply might be eating the wrong tacos. Where do you live?
    When in the midwest, I can't find a decent taco.

check these out:

Blackened-Fish-Tacos-1-682x1024.jpg

sol-cocina.jpg

Mariscos_La_Cacho_2.jpg

Not a huge fan of fishy smelling tacos.

you gotta go to Ensenda

• cariduttry
    cariduttry Posts: 210 Member
    tacos are probably my all-time favorite food....and you can make them so many ways! i cannot have gluten, so my favorite is white corn tortillas but i actually made baked tacos with the hard stand-up ones (heh heh sorry i'm immature) on monday and they turned out great.

sadly (or not), i cannot do taco bell as their meat seasoning has gluten in it. i do like their vegetarian power bowl though and it's a filling lunch if you're stuck with nothing to eat.
  • MichelleWithMoxie
    MichelleWithMoxie Posts: 1,817 Member
    tacoooos are yummy.
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    I eat tacos every Tuesday. Never miss a Tuesday! :)